REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Green Rush: Pot farms take dirty toll

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Green Rush: Pot farms take dirty toll

Postby Gila Trout » December 23rd, 2012, 10:50 am

Another great article on the front page of the LA times on how the California's medical marijuana boom is wreaking havoc on fragile habitats in Northern California. These grows are harming small tributaries of the Eel river that are spawining grounds for endangered coho salmon and other threatened fish. Scientists determined that pot farmers are siphoning roughly 18 milions gallons of water a year from this watershed. They also found that the pot farmers were killing bears and other wildlife that come into the grows. The amount of harmful chemicals and trash that these freaks bring to the forest is sickening. But these fine humans are only destroying the enviorment so very sick people can have their much needed medicine.

Lanny
Gila Trout

Re: Green Rush: Pot farms take dirty toll

Postby WanderingBlues » December 23rd, 2012, 11:15 am

I posted the article on the Drake because there's a fair number there who smoke. Quite a paradox for them.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Wildman » December 23rd, 2012, 1:01 pm

Can you post it here....I am unable to see it without subscribing. Thanks.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Maddog61 » December 23rd, 2012, 1:45 pm

Try this.

http://touch.latimes.com/#story/la-me-p ... -20121223/

from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
Maddog61

Postby bassman » December 23rd, 2012, 7:01 pm

If states are going to allow "medicinal" marijuana then the controls should be in place for environmentally safe and approved farming practices. Sounds more like your pot farmers are still working behind the scenes of law enforcement and the feds. I'm 68 years old, spent my time with it years ago, and may want it in the future for real medicinal purposes. If we'd control it, farm it safely, collect our taxes, put the Mexican cartels out of business, then we should be able to have it without ruining streams or killing wildlife.
bassman

Postby Sasha » December 24th, 2012, 12:02 am

You guys seen that movie Savages?

Ok, in all seriousness; I bet if the "illegal" factor is taken out of the growing. Then some things might change... Or just get rid of all the hippies down there :lol:
Sasha

Postby fly addict » December 24th, 2012, 5:31 pm

Sasha wrote:You guys seen that movie Savages?

Ok, in all seriousness; I bet if the "illegal" factor is taken out of the growing. Then some things might change... Or just get rid of all the hippies down there :lol:

The hippies are ether already dead or too stoned to take the time to grow pot on the level that is happening in our national forest!!!
BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG BUG
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Return to General Fly Fishing