REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Anyone Wanna' Take A Road Trip?

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Anyone Wanna' Take A Road Trip?

Postby strohble » January 22nd, 2013, 9:47 pm

Hi all, I've got some business to attend to in Medford this Friday morning at 10:00 am, it should last about an hour then I'm free for the remainder of the weekend. I will be leaving Fresno extremely early Friday morning so I can make it on time. I used to live on the Rogue in Shady Cove, the past 6 years to be exact, and I am well familiar with the waters there and most importantly, where the fish are. Here's my offer. If anyone would like to make the trip with me all you would have to pay for would be your own food and beer, I will do the driving there and back, you can jump in and drive if you want, we have a place to sleep, shower and cook--for free, I'm planning on fishing for winter run steelhead the rest of Friday, all day Saturday and early Sunday then hitting the road back to Fresno. We'll be staying 10 minutes from the fishy water and I'll be the guide for the weekend. You'll need waders, warm stuff, and and a 6 or 7 wt rod. I've got flies covered as well. The water right now is in excellent shape and fishing should be pretty * good, I just don't want to make this trip alone. If you are interested PM or e-mail me and we can make some plans. This is for sure this coming weekend. If you can swing it it should be a very good trip. Get back to me ASAP if you want to go--Eric
There’s a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. –Steven Wright

Read more: http://www.gofishn.com/gofishn/7005-gre ... z2I9yew2Iw
Follow us: GoFISHn on Facebook
strohble

Re: Anyone Wanna' Take A Road Trip?

Postby briansII » January 22nd, 2013, 9:58 pm

Crap. No can do this weekend. :sad:

Hope you find someone who can.

briansII
briansII

Postby lucfish » January 22nd, 2013, 10:28 pm

That's a great deal for someone. Need to stay home this week-end. Nothing like steel.
lucfish

Postby Jimbo Roberts » January 23rd, 2013, 11:44 am

Too bad I live in Texas !

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Postby WadeK » January 23rd, 2013, 1:39 pm

If I wasn't already going to Bishop Thursday AM w/ 2 buddies and had the room reserved...

Any chance you'll be doing something like this again? With 2 weeks notice I could get 1 or 2 days off and would be happy to cover gas,...
I fish for my sanity. If I catch it, should I still practice catch and release?
2014 log entries so far: 16.
WadeK

Postby strohble » January 23rd, 2013, 4:46 pm

This trip wasn't exactly planned, a bit spur of the moment but it needs to be done. Still looking for anyone to tag along though, like I said also, fishing should be really good.
There’s a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. –Steven Wright

strohble

Postby beachbum » January 23rd, 2013, 10:38 pm

Good luck, Eric! That's some good water up that way. Take lots of pics and post a report :)
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby strohble » January 24th, 2013, 9:37 am

Yeah it's looking to be a solo trip. That sucks :cry: I'm still excited though, I'll post some good pics if I get into some fish. If anyone can make it last minute let me know, there's an open seat still.

strohble

Postby RJH » January 25th, 2013, 8:51 am

Maybe if you would take a shower every once in a while someone might have gone with you.

RJH
RJH

Postby Packer » January 25th, 2013, 9:38 am

strohble wrote:Yeah it's looking to be a solo trip. That sucks :cry: I'm still excited though, I'll post some good pics if I get into some fish. If anyone can make it last minute let me know, there's an open seat still.

Dang Eric! I wish I could go, I cut my hand open a couple days ago. Hope you do well up there. Didn't know you had left Trail. Hows' William?
Yeah take pictures, lots of pictures, and try not to break any rods this time!
Good Luck, Tim:)/`~~~---<*})))><
....................................................................................................................................HOLD MY BEAR AND WATCH THIS!
Packer

Postby strohble » January 28th, 2013, 10:06 am

Tim, sent you a PM.

strohble

Return to General Fly Fishing