REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Zee is the man!!!

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Zee is the man!!!

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » January 9th, 2009, 3:37 am

Ok, so some of us have seen my/our reports" plus others, but not all of us have fished with the foreigner from the Czech Republic (home of my grandparents), who has embarrased us all by showing us "city folk" how to fish the Golden State. I'm not putting any members down, of course Zee learned from some of us, but some of us (including myself) learned a thing or 2 (A LOT IN MY CASE) from the Czech Flyfisherman. I'm going to miss my new "best flyfishing friend" when he leaves the U.S. back to his home county in Feb.

I hope that everyone that has ever fished or hoped to fish with Zee will make the trip up starting on the 23rd of January. It will be one that we all will remember for life. Zee is a youngster like myself, he's 26 and I'm currently 25 but he has an amazing talent to teach and help out us fellow flyfisherman. I'm so grateful that he caught me up at the Conness lakes (July 2007) and asked me what fly I was using to catch goldens. Since then I was lucky enought to find him on these forums and make a lifetime friend with him despite my busy schedule.

I'm not sure where I'm headed with this post but I do know that I just want to take this chance to thank the man that has filled in every blank I've had about fly fishing, since I was self taught for 10 years, until I met him and others since 2007. Without Zee I'd still be fishing the trophy trout rivers/creeks/lakes that we all read about catching 8-13" fish instead of the 16-22" fish that I've caught with Zee.

Most of all, Zee is a person that is realistic, and has a true compassion for nature. Some may think he's egotistical or arrogant, but hey, he caught and released all of his fish within 4 years of fising California. And he always makes sure that all of his co-fishers catch fish, much like a guide would do. How many of us can say we've caught at 5 species of trout that measure 19.5" or bigger in 4 years, and the 19.5" was a brookie his golden was even bigger.

I've beat him a couple trips in quantiy and/or quality but it was all because of his direction. Zee is the best flyfisherman I've ever met as well as the most down to Earth. I'm very thankful to have stumbled upon him in the backcountry of the 20 lakes basin the way we did and to have fished with him as many times as I have. I'll truely miss him but before that day comes we all have one last chance to spend some time with him, which I suggest all that can make it, do so.

Thanks buddy, and hopefully one day I'll be on tour through Europe where I can spend at least oneday fishing the Czech Republic with you.

Mike
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Re: Zee is the man!!!

Postby 1mocast » January 9th, 2009, 8:19 am

Very well said Mike...

Zee,
We are going to miss you around here...I still remember the last 2 Kern Tourneys - Placing 2nd and 1st. And it was 1st by a wide margin...Hopefully I can make the last trip on the 23rd and hit the waters with you.

mark
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Eric » January 9th, 2009, 8:40 am

Mike so true!!!!!!!!!!! Well said.
Eric
Eric

Postby thtsarumr » January 9th, 2009, 1:54 pm

CHEERS MATE!!!!
Image There's a funny thing about that little white speck on top of chicken sh*!.... Well that little white speck, is chicken sh*! too.
thtsarumr

Postby KRoberts1 » January 9th, 2009, 3:58 pm

Zee's posts and pictures and the reports from those that fished with him will be dearly missed. I, for one, would have liked to have enjoyed his company on any fishing adventure. Good luck, Zee. Hope you can get another visa and come back.

keith
KRoberts1

Postby ocmike » January 9th, 2009, 5:17 pm

I plan to come up even if it's just to say farewell to a really great guy.
ocmike

Postby flybob » January 10th, 2009, 3:32 pm

Thanks for posting this Mike!

Zee, thanks for the memories!

You are alreadly legendary round these parts!

I will really try and make it up there, even it is just for the day!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Return to General Fly Fishing