REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Marriott's Fly Fishing Store sold

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Marriott's Fly Fishing Store sold

Postby Gila Trout » June 1st, 2013, 11:44 am

A friend told me the other day that about a month ago Marriott's Fly Fishing Store was sold. Has anyone else heard this?

Lanny
Gila Trout

Re: Marriott's Fly Fishing Store sold

Postby Devinpreston » June 1st, 2013, 12:41 pm

yeah they sold to the same guy that bought Kienes in Sacramento, this is copied from there Facebook.

"Bob Marriott opened Bob Marriott’s Flyfishing Store in 1978. Over 35 years, and many store expansions later, Bob’s passion for the sport of fly fishing and friendly professional customer service has resulted in a successful business. Bob has recently decided to sell the shop to begin his retirement. Well sort of... He will still be at the shop helping improve the web site and becoming more active in the Travel Center (planning fishing trips for him to go on). Steve Jensen, the owner of the Grizzly Hackle Fly Shop in Missoula, Montana and Kiene’s Grizzly Hackle Fly Shop in Sacramento is the new owner. Steve has enjoyed successful business/fly fishing ventures in the past and is looking to apply his knowledge and skills to become an even more powerful presence in the fly fishing industry. Steve has renamed the store “Marriott’s Grizzly Hackle Fly Shop,” in respect for Bob and his legacy. Steve is determined to keep the same enjoyable experience that Bob has cultivated by keeping the entire shop sales staff. Marriott’s Grizzly Hackle Fly Shop employees are determined to keep the same friendly professional service you have come to expect from Bob Marriott’s Flyfishing Store, while improving on areas of opportunity to create the best customer experience and product selection possible. We look forward to sharing our passion for fly fishing with our customers and offering the same trusted service that Bob has provided for over 35 years."
Devinpreston

Postby WanderingBlues » June 1st, 2013, 1:38 pm

Apparently they won't be doing the 'no sales tax' stuff much longer. I got this from one of the employees when I inquired about a rod/reel purchase yesterday.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby flocktothewall » June 2nd, 2013, 1:51 pm

WanderingBlues wrote:Apparently they won't be doing the 'no sales tax' stuff much longer. I got this from one of the employees when I inquired about a rod/reel purchase yesterday.

Say it ain't so! :sad: That was the main allure! In today's internet based economy, the no tax thing has more than once caused me to drive more than an hour each way to buy something big.
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Mark 1:17
flocktothewall

Postby Rob909 » June 2nd, 2013, 3:53 pm

I'm having deja vu...... ;)

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=9397

Rob
Rob909

Postby fshflys » June 3rd, 2013, 7:32 am

Well now I know how long I've been tying flies;

[quote=""Bob Marriott opened Bob Marriott’s Flyfishing Store in 1978. Over 35 years, ."[/quote]

I learned to tie from Dale, (Dale's Hackle & Tackle), the owner prior to Bob buying the shop.
# of fishing days 2014, 12
fshflys

Postby fly addict » June 3rd, 2013, 7:45 am

fshflys wrote:Well now I know how long I've been tying flies;

[quote=""Bob Marriott opened Bob Marriott’s Flyfishing Store in 1978. Over 35 years, ."

I learned to tie from Dale, (Dale's Hackle & Tackle), the owner prior to Bob buying the shop.[/quote]

I bought my first fly rod from Dale around 1974/5.
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby 8NoFish » June 7th, 2013, 9:15 pm

My best friend lives in West Yellowstone. He said that the Grizzly Hackle Fly Shop in Missoula is very well known and well respected up there. It sounds like Marriott's will be in good hands.
8nofish

http://www.krop.com/ghiramatsu/ illustration gallery
http://ghiramatsu.carbonmade.com/ graphic design / illustration / Photography
http://ghgraphicfish.blogspot.com/ blog
8NoFish

Return to General Fly Fishing