REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Fishing

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Fishing

Postby czech flyfisherman » July 21st, 2013, 1:45 am

Hello all,

I have great news, My Viza was approved, I have them for 10 years and multi exits. On monday or Tuesday I am going to Prague to get print the viza in my passport. I will be back this year for some fishing.....cant wait to fish with my friends again...Jon, Jim, David, Allen, Mrak, Mike, Eric.....etc.....cant wait.... And also cant wait to be in my favorite lake and you know which one is it.....

see you soon Zee
czech flyfisherman

Re: Fishing

Postby WanderingBlues » July 21st, 2013, 5:06 am

Zee, hope to wet a line with you when you are back. Though we have not met, your reputation, like anything good associated with flyfishing, has become epic in the tales around the campfire.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby fly addict » July 21st, 2013, 7:33 am

Zee,
See you in the fall.
Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Wildman » July 21st, 2013, 8:04 am

For those who don't know, Zee Tumek, the Czech Fly Fisherman, was a legend during his time here in the US. A professional Hockey player, bad knee injuries sidelined his pro career. He turned that go for it spirit into his fly fishing and took it to another level. Zee loves the big fish. Zee is one who it was once said, "Fish rise to his spit". He is also one of the most patient and effective teachers I was have been privileged to fish with. Here is an excerpt from a post I did about a trip with Allan Bell (Raider) and him in the Eastern Sierra in October 2008.

"Our final day would be a busy one. First, we would hike to another of the plentiful lakes that dot this section of the Sierra. Zee helped me with my long distance casting and it really helped. Here I would catch my personal best (and my only) 16” Brook Trout.
I caught a number of fish…..missed even more and broke off another fish bigger then the first. Zee caught fish after fish using flies that Stanberry had made for him. Zee impressed me with not only his fishing knowledge but his knowledge of every type of water that we were fishing.

We headed back to camp and then headed down for an eye-opening trip to a body of water above Bishop. We didn’t fish but Zee introduced me to some fish that looked to be the size of small land sharks. Simply amazing. He had names for them.

Our final stop was the Owens. We didn’t get into the water until around five. From the time Zee said, “Cast your fly right there” and I caught my first fish until dark, I fished and Zee coached. I was missing a lot of strikes, “Jim….the bobber goes down for 3 seconds and you do nothing” . It got better. The fish were willing…I was learning to keep contact with the fly and I never had more fun. Image
Zee said, “This is nothing….it will be better”. I didn’t know how. I was hoarse from shouting and laughing. We made it back to the truck in complete darkness and started the long road home.

On the trip down the hill, I had time to reflect on the three days I just spent with some new friends. It had been an amazing journey to places I had only heard about with some very good people who were gracious enough to allow me to share their fishing. Both Allen and Zee are excellent fly fishermen and both gave me a lot of support when I struggled at times. They opened my eyes to new possibilities. Both are gentlemen who represent the sport well. I look forward to many more adventures on the Eastern Sierra.

We made it back to our homes and normal lives. Our horses and dogs were glad to see me. For Zee and Allen, it was just another great fishing trip. For me, it was the trip of a lifetime and cemented the fact that I will fly fish to my last days. I am blessed to have met some wonderful folks on this forum (Midger-Stanberry-Zee-Troutinator-Raider-Eric-GaryP-Chiaki-Flutterfly and all the rest) who have taken me under their wing. It has changed my life and I truly feel blessed."

So if you get the chance, fish with Zee the Czech Fly Fisherman when he comes over. You are guaranteed three things. There will never be a dull moment. You will learn something no matter what your experience level and you will have fun.

When Zee left the last time, we had a big going away deal on the Big Reedy that was epic. Look for a welcome back shindig in the Fall.
Welcome back, Zee!
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby RichardCullip » July 21st, 2013, 10:24 am

Welcome back to the USA, Zee. Hope to fish with you again.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby Eric » July 21st, 2013, 10:48 am

Zee looking forward to wetting a line once again.
Eric
Eric

Postby darrin terry » July 21st, 2013, 10:50 am

Glad to hear things are getting worked out Zee! Funny, just last night I was wondering what you'd been up to, how things were going and whether or not you'd be able to get a visit back here.

I hope you can make it all happen and that some others get a chance to fish with you. :D
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby lucfish » July 21st, 2013, 11:19 am

Looking forward to your return.
lucfish

Postby Wildman » July 21st, 2013, 2:19 pm

Just had a nice chat with Zee back in the Czech Republic. He just got back from Slovenia and an epic dry fly hatch. He'll know around August when he'll be back on the West Coast. I'll let you know when I know.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby WadeK » July 22nd, 2013, 8:10 am

Zee,

Welcome back to the USA! I hope to fish with you again. I recently picked up a 12' 4wt that works great for the far side of that seam you showed me when your lady was along with us.

Tight lines,
Wade
I fish for my sanity. If I catch it, should I still practice catch and release?
2014 log entries so far: 16.
WadeK

Postby stanbery » July 22nd, 2013, 1:26 pm

Maybe when He gets back have set up to fish the east side with a camping trip and potluck again.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby tyingfool » July 22nd, 2013, 2:17 pm

That's a great idea Jon can't wait. ZEE welcome back .

David
Aspire to inspire before you expire.
tyingfool

Postby fish-on-bro » July 22nd, 2013, 10:36 pm

That's great news Zee, looking forward to fishing with you again.

Chuck....
fish-on-bro

Postby Rockstar Fisherman » July 24th, 2013, 5:01 pm

Can't wait for you to get here bro! The big brookies and Cutts are awaiting as well as the browns and Fred and John in the creeks!!
"Live life before you die"
States fished: AZ, CA, NV, OR, WY, MT, IN, WI, ID, UT
Foreign Countries fished: CZ, NZ, SL, PL, CI
Rockstar Fisherman

Postby tyingfool » August 6th, 2013, 4:45 pm

Zee, just wondering about when do you think you will be back in the states? So we all can do some vacation planning.

David :FIRE:
Aspire to inspire before you expire.
tyingfool

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing