REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

DVD on Czech/ Euro Nymphing

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

DVD on Czech/ Euro Nymphing

Postby Flyjunkie » January 20th, 2009, 9:13 am

Figured there are folks on this Board who'd be interested in this DVD...

"European Nymphing with Jack Dennis & Vladi"

This DVd is put out by Jack Dennis' Snake River Books and gives a fairly complete overall intro & instruction on Czech/ Euro Nymphing... There's some history about the Competitions in Europe and how the Americans learned the Techniques from the Europeans... Plenty of On the Water Footage of Vladi Trzebunia showing the Correct way to pitch the nymphs, lead them thru any area and the pick up to pitch them back upstream.. (You'll dig the Little Snap at the end of a drift when Vladi seems to pick up fish often enough...)

The second DVd shows Vladi tying up Polish Woven Nymphs, a "Condom Fly" and a czech nymph. Plus other European Tyers demonstrating tying techniques for effective patterns.. The section on tying the Polish Nymph is worth the entire DVD because it shows a Weaving technique that will have you weaving good bodies in no time...

If you are Seriously interested in Learning this highly effective Nymphing technique ( I sure love to use it) and tying effective patterns for this style... You could do far worse then to buy this DVD set... ;)
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Re: DVD on Czech/ Euro Nymphing

Postby darrin terry » January 20th, 2009, 10:50 am

Great videos Dean. I actually bought them twice as Jack recently redid the fishing video for 2009. IN fact I just watched them again the night before last.
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby fly addict » January 21st, 2009, 9:46 am

I thought it was interesting and well done video. I thought it was funny that the only style that caught any fish was the Czech technique! :lol:
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Flyjunkie » January 21st, 2009, 9:54 am

fly addict wrote:I thought it was interesting and well done video. I thought it was funny that the only style that caught any fish was the Czech technique! :lol:

Yeah, the French Method, which is Touted as a great Method, didn't produce Diddly during the Filming... But that's why the Smart angler always has a Number of techniques in their Quiver and Knows when to put the Correct one into Service... (which Helps explain why We all must Go fishing at least 2 times more often then we currently do...) ;)
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby darrin terry » January 21st, 2009, 10:40 am

fly addict wrote:I thought it was interesting and well done video. I thought it was funny that the only style that caught any fish was the Czech technique! :lol:

Yeah, Vladi tore it up! Seemed like most of his fish were caught on the Condom Worm too. :lol:
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Jim T » January 21st, 2009, 1:18 pm

Darren,

How much difference is there between the original DVD, which I own, and the latest one?

Trying to decide if it's worth buying the new one.

Jim
Jim T

Postby darrin terry » January 21st, 2009, 4:09 pm

Jim, I thought it pretty significant in places, though it is just the Czech section that is different. The French & Spanish are the same.
darrin terry

Return to General Fly Fishing