REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

New Fly Shop In San Diego

A place to find information on Guides, Events and sales happening at local fly shops.

New Fly Shop In San Diego

Postby fisherprice13 » March 8th, 2014, 12:46 am

The online store is great but the new store looks even better. These guys are my buddies and really great dudes.

http://www.theflystop.com/blog/
fisherprice13

Re: New Fly Shop In San Diego

Postby WanderingBlues » March 9th, 2014, 1:04 pm

I use flies from the Fly Stop. Excellent product.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby fflutterffly » March 9th, 2014, 2:56 pm

I was corresponding with the owner prior to his opening. He said they were putting up a brick and mortar/ online/ guide service/ lessons!!!! Kory is becoming a true California, giving up his eastern roots. I emailed him one day joking about him taking up surfing and he sent me back a photo of him on the beach taking in the 'view.' I hope you all take advantage of his new location and services. We've been losing to many shops in this state. He is the only only online service I have used for flies, and he has donated heavily to Casting for Recovery in the way of flies for the retreats. I have never had a problem with the flies and the service is extremely quick. Give him a try.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby darrin terry » March 9th, 2014, 4:37 pm

Nice to hear Kory is opening up out here. I've been buying flies from theflystop.com for maybe 5-6 years now and have been pretty pleased. Good for him!
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Return to Guides, Shop Happenings and Fly Shop Deals