REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Godfather of Surf @ The Spot

A place to find information on Guides, Events and sales happening at local fly shops.

Godfather of Surf @ The Spot

Postby Ken@theSpot » September 19th, 2009, 10:55 am

Our old buddy Nick Curcione, from Temple Fork Outfitters and one of the pioneers of SO Cal saltwater fishing, will be here at the shop on Saturday, September 26 to share his expertise on fishing local surf hotspots with a fly. Nick will be in the store from 10 am-4pm on Saturday and on Sunday we will meet at the beach to work on two handed techniques from 7am-9am. Beach location to be announced. Joining Nick will be TFO reps Bob Spacey and Toby Uppinghouse who will provide an opportunity to win free TFO hats and a shot at winning a free TFO rod. For those of you interested in learning the surf game or trying a new technique this is a great opportunity to learn from a true master. There is no charge for this event.
Ken@theSpot

Re: Godfather of Surf @ The Spot

Postby RSetina » September 19th, 2009, 4:38 pm

Sounds like a great opportunity. I'd like to be there but we put off the fair until the 26th so my son and his new wife could join us. Hum, surf fishing and a free class or spending time with my son? No contest there! Next time for sure Ken. Thanks for the invite.
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

Re: Godfather of Surf @ The Spot

Postby beachbum » September 20th, 2009, 4:34 pm

Sounds good! See you there.
Set the hook!
beachbum

Return to Guides, Shop Happenings and Fly Shop Deals