REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Free Lunch.....

A place to find information on Guides, Events and sales happening at local fly shops.

Free Lunch.....

Postby Ken@theSpot » December 11th, 2009, 3:47 pm

Who Says There's No Free Lunch?

On Saturday December 12, at our fantastic Delta Day event, we will be serving freshly grilled hot dogs with all the fixin's, including chili, and all you have to do is show up. I know you've heard about the event for the last month or so but, to update you on what's happening, we've compiled a list of all the goodies that will be available to you here at the shop on Saturday.
John Sherman and Mike Costello will be presenting a comprehensive program on "Fly Fishing the California Delta"
Their new book will be available for purchase and makes a great gift for a friend or yourself
Local fly tying pros Al Q. and David Wratchford will demo proven killer patterns for local waters
John will be showcaseing new products from Simms.
Trade in your old felt boots and get a 20% discount on a new pair of Simms Streamtread wading boots
Simms Tech Twill caps Regular $16.95 Sale $9.95
Buy a pair of Simms Goretex Waders and get a free Simms Headwaters Quick Change Mat ($19.95 value)
We will pay your sales tax on any purchase over $100 (does not include items that are already on sale or closeout)
40% off on Greys fly fishing gear bags
40% off on selected Greys rods
Cortland CL 9' 5 wt four piece rod, STH Cayuga reel and a Cortland WF5F line Regular $280 Sale $189.95
Sage Xi2 and Launch are at 40% off MSRP
Rio Selective Trout line both Weight Forward and Double Taper Reguar $64.95 Closeout $29.95
40% off MSRP on all Cloudveil clothing
Cortland Change-a-Tip Spey line Regular $99.95 Sale $49.95
Hardy Marksman line WF5F line Regular $49.95 Sale $29.95
Hardy Mach 2 line WF4F line Regular $59.95 Sale $29.95
Pacific Fly vented short sleeve fishing shirts Regular $39.95 while they last $12.95
As you can see we have lots of goodies available and we have a fun day on tap so please join us.
BTW Bass:The Movie is finally in stock and ready for purchase just in time for the holidays and we have the 2010 California Fishing Licenses in stock too.

See you all on Saturday.
Ken@theSpot

Re: Free Lunch.....

Postby Bernard » December 11th, 2009, 6:14 pm

Done. I'm there.
Bernard

Postby stanbery » December 14th, 2009, 4:38 am

Crap I missed a free lunch :funnyup:

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby midger » December 14th, 2009, 8:18 pm

stanbery wrote:Crap I missed a free lunch :funnyup:

Jon

Jon,
There are no free lunches at fly shops--the food may be free, but you'll generally find too much to spend your money on so you'd be better off eating at a 4 star restaurant--cheaper also. ;) :lol: :lol:
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Bernard » December 14th, 2009, 9:08 pm

midger wrote:
stanbery wrote:Crap I missed a free lunch :funnyup:

Jon

Jon,
There are no free lunches at fly shops--the food may be free, but you'll generally find too much to spend your money on so you'd be better off eating at a 4 star restaurant--cheaper also. ;) :lol: :lol:

Now THAT is funny (and true)!

I attended and despite the rain was pleased to see many local anglers. Seriously fun day. I bought one of the Spot's severely discounted fly-lines and am jonesing to do some streamer dredging with it. I love that dirty water ......

B
Bernard

Return to Guides, Shop Happenings and Fly Shop Deals