REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Buz"d Out

A place to find information on Guides, Events and sales happening at local fly shops.

Buz"d Out

Postby Bakoguy » December 23rd, 2009, 8:09 pm

Okay so I finally reached the point in the journey where time and curiousity will alow me to begin fly tying.
I made a deal with Santa and it's going to be an early Christmas for the family Friday because I can't wait.
Now my Santa doesn't tye. In fact, my Santa is a girl. But what a girl. Armed with over 6000 E Bay transactions and a father tying for 20 years I know I'm going to be off to a flying start by ~9am on the 25th.
However, just to cover all bases I decided to buy some small hooks, various dubbing, and maybe some wire before the big day.
Now Buz's Fly Shop is less than a mile from my home. My first trip Monday the're closed. Same Tues. Weds I take Santa along. Looks closed. Sign still says closed. Fed Ex notice still hanging. Santa looking from the car with radar vision thru the tinted glass says " looks empty to me". Sure enough.
Did they BUZ Out or just move?? Phone is disconnected also.
Did I miss the memo??
Bakoguy

Re: Buz"d Out

Postby RichardCullip » December 23rd, 2009, 8:18 pm

Bakoguy wrote:Okay so I finally reached the point in the journey where time and curiousity will alow me to begin fly tying.
I made a deal with Santa and it's going to be an early Christmas for the family Friday because I can't wait.
Now my Santa doesn't tye. In fact, my Santa is a girl. But what a girl. Armed with over 6000 E Bay transactions and a father tying for 20 years I know I'm going to be off to a flying start by ~9am on the 25th.
However, just to cover all bases I decided to buy some small hooks, various dubbing, and maybe some wire before the big day.
Now Buz's Fly Shop is less than a mile from my home. My first trip Monday the're closed. Same Tues. Weds I take Santa along. Looks closed. Sign still says closed. Fed Ex notice still hanging. Santa looking from the car with radar vision thru the tinted glass says " looks empty to me". Sure enough.
Did they BUZ Out or just move?? Phone is disconnected also.
Did I miss the memo??

Unfortunately, the shop closed for good back in October :(
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Return to Guides, Shop Happenings and Fly Shop Deals