REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

FF Federation Garage Sale.....

A place to find information on Guides, Events and sales happening at local fly shops.

FF Federation Garage Sale.....

Postby Ken@theSpot » February 13th, 2010, 12:14 pm

From our friends at the South West Council, Federation of Fly Fishers....

A Fundraiser for the SouthWest Council,
Federation of Fly Fisher
s

And
An Opportunity for YOU to learn and improve in your Sport!

Join us for a day of fly tying, casting instruction and a chance to pick up some lightly used gear at a great price while helping the SWCFFF.

Date – February 20, 2010, Saturday 9-4
Place – Long Beach Casting Club
Cost – 10.00 includes BBQ burgers and dogs
RSVP – for casting, leader class and food 818.757-3474 or secretary@southwestcouncilfff.org

FLY TYING – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
You may not be aware of this, but the SWC clubs have some of the most prominent and innovative tyers around. Bill Blackstone, Dean Endress, Mark Kirchner and John Vanderhoof will be on hand for demonstrations of their techniques. Maybe more! There will also be an auction for the really special one-of-a-kind flies and SWC clubs have donated flies for purchase.

In a related class, Mas Okui (Hot Creek Guru) will be teaching how to tie his freshwater leaders. The class is 30.00 which goes to purchase the leader kit with enough material to create bunches of leaders that make the manufactured ones blush in shame. Limited to the first 20 people. 10-11 a.m.

GARAGE SALE – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
We need donated items to be sold in a fishing garage sale. These can be rods, reels, lines, clothing, vests or accessories. We are going to lay it all out on a table or a tarp and take the best offer we can get. Anything not sold will be donated to Project Healing Waters, Mammoth High School Fly Fishing Club or as needed by the SWC member clubs. Let’s get items that are in working order and have a value of at least $10. This not a swap meet – it is a HUGE YARD SALE. This is a great opportunity to get rid of extras, duplicates and unwanted gifts. Give any items to your SWCFFF representative or contact us directly at the number listed above.

CASTING – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Want to be a better caster at the end of the day? Take a quick lesson and receive pointers from Certified Federation Instructors. For the nominal fee of $1.00 per minute (15 minutes minimum), you will have your casting analyzed by one of our great instructors. Single handed, Spey, double-haul - whatever you need, we can provide. Lessons will be available from 11am until 3 pm. Advance reservations are necessary so that we will have enough instructors on hand. Please RSVP by January 30 of your interest and approximate time. We will take care of the rest.

SILENT AUCTIONS – 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Select and special items will be on the tables all day in silent auctions. Auctions will run for 1.5 hours each so you can come anytime you want!

LIVE AUCTION – 1:30-2:30
We will be holding back the really special stuff for live auction. Fly plates, special flies, private casting lessons and even an Elkhorn bamboo rod. Wait until you see who we got as an auctioneer!
Ken@theSpot

Re: FF Federation Garage Sale.....

Postby fly addict » February 16th, 2010, 12:45 pm

Thank's for the notice, it should be a fun time and it all goes for a good cause. :)

Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Flyjunkie » February 16th, 2010, 3:42 pm

I'll be tying My New Secret Weapon.. (the one for Trout, that is...) along with some other patterns... Keeping it simple and just a handful of patterns..... Hopefully Folks will be educated and entertained.... It'll be Fun visiting with Folks and meeting some folks face to face for the 1st. time...... ;) ;)

See you on Saturday.......

DEAN ~~~~ :rockon: :rockon:
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby fly addict » February 16th, 2010, 8:50 pm

Flyjunkie wrote:I'll be tying My New Secret Weapon.. (the one for Trout, that is...) along with some other patterns... Keeping it simple and just a handful of patterns..... Hopefully Folks will be educated and entertained.... It'll be Fun visiting with Folks and meeting some folks face to face for the 1st. time...... ;) ;)

See you on Saturday.......

DEAN ~~~~ :rockon: :rockon:

Dean,
I can't wait to see your secret weapon. I'll be wearing my new, (L A River, A sewer runs through it!) hat.

Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Flyjunkie » February 16th, 2010, 9:15 pm

fly addict wrote:
Dean,
I can't wait to see your secret weapon. I'll be wearing my new, (L A River, A sewer runs through it!) hat.

Mark

MARK,

You already probably know it's "Parent"..... ;)

That hat makes you more productive with Carp, to be certain.... :rockon: :rockon:
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby Eric » February 16th, 2010, 9:38 pm

See you sat. Dean
Eric
Eric

Return to Guides, Shop Happenings and Fly Shop Deals