REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Jimmy Morales @ the Spot...

A place to find information on Guides, Events and sales happening at local fly shops.

Jimmy Morales @ the Spot...

Postby Flyjunkie » April 2nd, 2010, 5:01 pm

Thursday, April 8th., the Fishermen's Spot in Proud to present :

"West Slope Possibilities"
With Jimmy Morale & Bernard Yin

Join us Thursday Evening from 6:30 to 8:30 Pm for a Great Opportunity to learn Effective techniques for West Slope rivers & creeks from the Kings north to the Merced. Orvis Endorsed Guide Jimmy Morales has been fishing & guiding on these waters for many years and has plenty of insightful information to improve Your Hook up Ratio in the area... Joining him will be Our Rock Star Flyfishing Friend: Bernard Yin.. who, when he isn't out on the road Rocking around America, can be Found Fishing these same waters and Guiding for Jimmy as well..

Also on hand will be Orvis Southwest Regional Manager, Hutch Hutchins; Who will introduce you to the new Orvis Products the Spot will be carrying this Season... You'll have a opportunity to cast & Evaluate the Latest Orvis products at the store...

Date : Thursday, April 8th.

Time : 6:30 to 8:30 Pm

14411 Burbank Blvd.
Van Nuys, CA.

Phone Number : (818) 785-7306

Any Questions?? please give us a call...

See ya all on the 8th........ :rockon: :rockon:
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Re: Jimmy Morales @ the Spot...

Postby beachbum » April 2nd, 2010, 6:57 pm

Sweet! Hopefully I can make it!
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby Bernard » April 5th, 2010, 1:28 pm

Thanks for making the post Dean.

One of the items I'd like to entice people with is very simply a glut of fresh photos that I have received from Andrew Maurer who accompanied Jimmie on the recent March Brown run on the upper Kings. I have lots of these to share and will have them in rotation, on location on one of my laptops or possibly on the big screen.

Here's Andrew's site: http://www.troutstreamdesigns.com and there are a few taster/teaser shots at Jimmie's blog (click on stream report at: http://sierraflyfisher.com. There you can also read about my effort to make out with a rattle snake. There's also a great close up of a march brown by board member Artin.

Here are some additional samples for the Fly Addicts board:

As for the general event, I think there's a LOT to talk about besides flowers and snakes. Seeing board members will be fun.

B
Bernard

Postby Jim T » April 6th, 2010, 12:14 pm

Bernard,

See you there (will be good to actually meet you).

I've fished the upper Kings with Jimmie but also want to learn more about some of the other West Side waters.

Jim T
Jim T

Postby FlyinFish » April 6th, 2010, 12:51 pm

I'm gonna brave the 405 North to make it!! I'm considering a trip to the Merced following a wedding in exciting Fresno, CA, so that would be sweet to learn about. Can't wait, and thanks to all who are making this happen!
FlyinFish

Postby Bernard » April 6th, 2010, 10:03 pm

FlyinFish wrote:I'm gonna brave the 405 North to make it!! I'm considering a trip to the Merced following a wedding in exciting Fresno, CA, so that would be sweet to learn about. Can't wait, and thanks to all who are making this happen!

Be safe on them thar roads.
B
Bernard

Postby fly_baby » April 7th, 2010, 9:48 am

Looking forward to the talk!
Carpe Diem does not mean 'fish of the day'
fly_baby

Postby Graham Owen » April 7th, 2010, 4:24 pm

This sounds like an epic presentation, I'm looking forward to it.
Graham Owen

Postby FlyinFish » April 9th, 2010, 4:29 pm

Thanks again to everyone who made this happen at the Spot and Jimmy and Bernard.

Graham, I knew you looked familiar, but it didn't click and I didn't get to say hi. I was the kid in the red shirt and gray fleece.

Jim T, where you the one that got the thingamabobbers?

Anyway, nice seeing you guys.
FlyinFish

Return to Guides, Shop Happenings and Fly Shop Deals