REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Free Presentations at the Fishermans Spot This Weekend

A place to find information on Guides, Events and sales happening at local fly shops.

Free Presentations at the Fishermans Spot This Weekend

Postby 1mocast » November 6th, 2008, 8:03 pm

All,
Just saw this on another Forum. Interesting crew of speakers - Our very own Flyjunkie (Dean), Ken, Bernard, Darrel, and Joe Contaldi. Some interesting topics...

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=805678
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Re: Free Presentations at the Fishermans Spot This Weekend

Postby Flyjunkie » November 7th, 2008, 7:24 am

Sorry I didn't post this here sometime back... actually we finalised the Line up not too long ago.. We are usually more punctual..

Joe Contaldi will do a presentation at 11 Am and then again at 2 PM....

I'll just be doin' the Carp thing all day... Tying, tying, Tying...
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby Ken@theSpot » November 7th, 2008, 11:52 am

wildfly wrote:
What the heck Dean? You're slacking! How did Mark beat you to this? In the future PLEASE share with us anything that's going on at the shop, whether it be presentations, guest speakers, or even just deals on things that people might like. :D

Hey Craig, don't blame Dean (even though his is a slacker sometimes) I didn't get the lineup together until just a couple of weeks ago so it's my fault. I hope we see some of you folks here at the shop on Saturday.
We are hesitant to post on private forums because we don't want to make them too commercial. I think the forums are a really important part of the Fly Fishing community that offer a place to share knowledge and get opinions that are not endorsed by some big shop or a large manufacturer. It is kind of you to let us post on here on your forum and thanks for provide such a great resource for our community.

Ken
Ken@theSpot

Postby rayfound » November 7th, 2008, 1:27 pm

Ken@theSpot wrote:
We are hesitant to post on private forums because we don't want to make them too commercial.
Ken

We're happy to have you guys share this info here - but don't worry - when the bobber-idiot comes around, we'll chase him out of town.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby Ken@theSpot » November 7th, 2008, 1:54 pm

wildfly wrote:Ken, you guys are more than welcome to post things that benefit our members here. It's the least I can do in return for you letting me clean up Nathan in your bathroom that one night I stopped by the house to grab the pontoon... poor guy! I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't offered that. Welcome to the forum!

Wow! That was you? We really felt bad for you guys that night. But we had "been there done that" with our own kids a few times. Did you and Jimmie ever get that video done?
Ken
Ken@theSpot

Postby Flyjunkie » November 8th, 2008, 7:39 am

rayfound wrote:
We're happy to have you guys share this info here - but don't worry - when the bobber-idiot comes around, we'll chase him out of town.

RAY,

It's always fun when a Customer comes in the shop, we greet them and offer assistance.. They just wanna browse... That's Alright... Then about 10 minutes latter they ask where we keep the Power Bait... :roll: We kindly explain that we are exclusively a Flyfishing Shop.. they kinda get this "deer in the Headlights" look goin'... It's rather entertaining.... Thought most Folks tend to understand after we explain and we've had a good amount actually start asking questions and you can tell they wanna get into the Evil Addiction... 8-)
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Return to Guides, Shop Happenings and Fly Shop Deals