REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

John Sherman & Guy Jeans @ the Spot in Dec.

A place to find information on Guides, Events and sales happening at local fly shops.

John Sherman & Guy Jeans @ the Spot in Dec.

Postby Ken@theSpot » November 13th, 2008, 11:53 am

We are really excited to announce a partial line-up for our December 6th Discovery Day at Fishermen's Spot. Well known Kern River guide, Guy Jeans will be stopping by with a presentation to help us understand the fishing on the mighty Kern and joining him will be our good buddy (and new Dad) John Sherman. John will be showing off all the new rods and reels from Sage and you will be able to cast them if you like. This is, as usual, a free event and begins at 10 am Saturday and runs until 4 pm. We will be adding other guests and fly tyers in the next week or so. Hope to see many of you forum members there (if you're not fishing). Fishermen's Spot is located at 14411 Burbank Blvd., Van Nuys, CA 91401 Call (818) 785-7306 for more information or email us at 411@fishermensspot.com.

Ken @ the Spot
Ken@theSpot

Re: John Sherman & Guy Jeans @ the Spot in Dec.

Postby RichardCullip » November 13th, 2008, 11:58 am

That's a great line-up, Ken. I just might have to see if I can get down there (with an early morning stop at the beach before the presentations of course). However, I might be in Bishop fishing the Lower Owens.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby Rollincast » November 13th, 2008, 2:19 pm

RichardCullip wrote:That's a great line-up, Ken. I just might have to see if I can get down there (with an early morning stop at the beach before the presentations of course). However, I might be in Bishop fishing the Lower Owens.

Richard,
I was thinking the same thing, maybe even afternoon Carp chasing. Let me know if you'll be around.

Randy
Always looking for brownie points
Rollincast

Postby RSetina » November 13th, 2008, 10:21 pm

I'll have to put this on my calendar. Just came back from the Kern today. Guy is always very informative. Thanks.
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

Postby Flyjunkie » November 14th, 2008, 9:38 am

Also, to round out your weekend....

The AdultCon is going on the 5th thru the 7th @ the L.A. Convention Center.... :lol: :lol: ;)

Ken Miller "the Thriller" will be there as well tying Flies... Ken is a Talented Tyer and a Long Time friend...... 8-)
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby Flyjunkie » December 2nd, 2008, 5:52 pm

Well.... It seems RedKen/ Ken@the Spot is going to give a Demo about tying Tube Flies as well.... His partner(In Crime) is forcing Ken to do such a Thing... ;) :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

See You All on Saturday....... 8-) 8-)
"...I became Insane, with long intervals of Horrible Sanity..." ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Flyjunkie

Postby stanbery » December 3rd, 2008, 3:24 am

Flyjunkie wrote:His partner(In Crime) is forcing Ken to do such a Thing... ;) :P :lol: :lol: :lol:

See You All on Saturday....... 8-) 8-)

Dean
You should be ashamed of yourself :lol: :lol:

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Ken@theSpot » December 4th, 2008, 3:38 pm

Just wanted to remind everyone that Guy will be at the Spot this weekend and Tysun McMullen is sending an updated trailer for the new video, on the Golden Trout Wilderness, which will be available later in the month. Just in time for Christmas! :D
Guy's presentations will be at 11am and 2pm or thereabouts. John Sherman will have all the new Sage rods for you to play with and Ken Miller, Umpqua Signature Tier, will be tying some of his favorite trout flies for the back country. We will also have some swag to give away in a free drawing. See you on Saturday.
We are also having a bunch of gear on sale. The list is too big to post here but here are a couple of highlights.

Echo Classic Rods From Rajeff Sports
Msrp $139.95 sale price $79.95

Redington
We have a bunch of new styles of clothing that just came in and we are marking them down 30% for the event. In addition we have a good selection of CD reels at 40% off MSRP.

We have a pile of other stuff including rods, lines, clothing, fly fishing kits, waders,and Fishpond bags as long as they last. See you on Saturday.
Ken@theSpot

Postby Eric » December 4th, 2008, 5:36 pm

Anyone interested in meeting up for some carp action before heading to the Spot? I'll be on the water by 730am.
Eric
Eric

Return to Guides, Shop Happenings and Fly Shop Deals