REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

So. Cal. Bamboo/Cane Rod Gathering At the Spot 6/24!

A place to find information on Guides, Events and sales happening at local fly shops.

So. Cal. Bamboo/Cane Rod Gathering At the Spot 6/24!

Postby Fishfreak911 » June 13th, 2012, 2:16 am

I am reposting this from another forum. I may try and be there. I have to see if they will allow me in to show my nets.

We will be holding it Sunday, June 24th from 10AM until 3:00 PM or later if there is necessary.
It will be on the outside of our shop and there is an overhang that everyone can set up their tables under.
We want newbies to attend so that all that are showing off their creations have an attempt to show them an alternative to plastic and so "The Spot" is advertising to our mailing list and other boards. We have another event going on at the shop on the 23rd and that will not interfere with Sunday.
We want those people who haven't had a chance to gather and show off their creations or their classics to be there to do so. We do have some fly reels set up with some fly lines that can be used if you want to cast in our parking lot. We know that this isn't ideal because it is not on water, but it is the only attempt to get all around here together. Hopefully, there may be something that can be arranged in the future on water. There are some who are making the journey from Northern California to participate and I thank you for that.
If people are interested in selling their fly fishing collectables or new or vintage cane that is great, "The Spot" is not charging for the opportunity to do so. You can call me at the shop with questions, 818 785-7306, or e-mail @ swe7890@aol.com Just bring your own table and chairs.
Thanks,
Steve Ellis
Fishermen's Spot
14411 Burbank Bl.
Van Nuys, CA
Just east of the 405 and north of the 101 in the San Fernando Valley
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Re: So. Cal. Bamboo/Cane Rod Gathering At the Spot 6/24!

Postby Fishfreak911 » June 23rd, 2012, 10:52 am

Ladies & gents, I will be there with bells on! Please stop by and introduce yourself. See you there!
Greg Madrigal
Sierra Nets

Greg<><

Fishfreak911

Postby dray » June 25th, 2012, 6:23 pm

Good times at the cane rod event hosted by the Spot. I was able to meet a few great guys from the forum here and exchange information with some fellow cane builders. Lots a very knowledgeable guys who know their stuff when it comes to cane and vintage reels.

Thanks to Steve and Ken at the Spot for making the gathering possible. Looking forward to meeting other FFA members at the next event.

Darrin
dray

Postby katsfood » June 26th, 2012, 12:58 pm

It was a nice day getting to meet some of the guys from the forum here, getting to talk shop with some very knowledgeable people, meeting the guys from what is a very nice fishing shop, and getting to see some great gear like Greg's fantastic nets.

Daniel
katsfood

Postby Fishfreak911 » July 19th, 2012, 12:19 am

This was fun! I finally got to meet Dray & Arvin. BOTH great guys! Thanks for hanging out and keeping me company, and especially for helping me load the truck! You two ROCK! :rockon:

Katsfood, thank you too for letting me know about it. This was a great opp. to meet a wide variety of fishy folks.

BTW, for those that have not, YOU HAVE TO CHECK OUT Katsfood's trout artwork. It's phenominal. He's going to be big throughout the indutry-MARK MY WORDS!

Here is a picture of the booth

Arvin, me, and Darren.
Greg<><

Fishfreak911

Postby CopperDropper » July 19th, 2012, 10:02 pm

Greg -

Thanks for the bit about Katsfood's art. I just checked it out........ WOOOWW, that's some beautiful work!

Gary
CopperDropper

Postby Artin » July 20th, 2012, 7:01 am

That was a great shindig they put on. I had a good time with you guys. By the way, I am Artin, Arvin is our friend up north now!

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Return to Guides, Shop Happenings and Fly Shop Deals