REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Beginning Fly Casting Class

Place any information related to fly fishing club activities here.

Postby fly addict » April 11th, 2012, 8:44 am

This class is our most popular! The class is led by FFF Certified Master Casting Instructors with individual one-on-one instruction from FFF Certified Casting Instructors. This class covers the basics of equipment and casting technique so your first fly fishing outing will be fun and enjoyable! Class starts out with basic equipment coverage, then gets you on the pond casting. Several techniques will be covered include the pickup and laydown, false cast, roll casts and an introduction to line mends. The five-class series begin Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at 7:00 pm sharp. You do NOT have to be a club member to take advantage of this fabulous training. Pre-registration is not needed; just show up at the clubhouse on April 24th! When:Tue, April 24, 7:00pm – 8:30pm
Where:LBCC Clubhouse
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=LBCC%20Clubhouse

If you’re tired of your cast coming up a little short of your intended target. Or the wind is causing havoc with your cast. Maybe your roll cast ends up at your feet. Well if you take this class you will have the opportunity to learn the skills to overcome these and other problems fly fisherman face while casting. There is nothing finer than being on the water and making that perfect cast that lands right where you want it to go and watching the fish come up and eat it!
Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Re: Beginning Fly Casting Class

Postby Wildman » April 11th, 2012, 10:27 am

My wife and I took this last year and really learned a lot. I'm going to repeat to cement the muscle memory stuff that can elude me at times. Very informative and easy going instructors. You will learn a lot.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Return to Fly Fishing Club Information