REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Southern Sierra Fly Fishers 2012 Rendevous Sept 22

Place any information related to fly fishing club activities here.

Southern Sierra Fly Fishers 2012 Rendevous Sept 22

Postby RiverRat » August 7th, 2012, 8:15 am

SOUTHERN SIERRA FLY FISHERS
7th ANNUAL RENDEZVOUS AND 2012-2013 OFFICER’S AND DIRECTORS INSTALLATION DINNER
SEPTEMBBER 22nd, 2012 MOUNTAIN & RIVER ADVENTURES CAMPGROUND – 15775 Sierra Way, KERNVILLE, CA

Here we go again!!! Come and join the festivities regardless of your fishing ability and whether or not you want to participate in the tournament. This is our annual fund raising club/membership drive major event of the year. Bring your family and/or significant ‘other’ and have fun.

TOURNAMENT ENTRY FEE: $25, dinner is included. A current membership is required. One year membership fee is $25 for an individual membership; $35 for family membership. Rendezvous and Membership applications will be emailed directly to current Club members. Nonmembers may request applications via PM or email to CopperDropper (gfsilveiira@charter.net) or haramic (haramic@aol.com). The maximum number of participants is 79 and we expect to fill all 79 spots. The application deadline is September 15, 2012, so a headcount can be obtained.

Check in: 7:30 to 8:30 AM
Announcements: 8:30 AM
Start fishing a t 8:45 AM until 2:00 PM Sharp
Return check in: 2:00 to 2:30 PM
Casting Contest, raffle ticket sales and social: 3:00 PM to 5:00 PPM
Dinner, entertainment and awards: 5:00 PM – ?

Rules of Tournament: Areas to be fished are from the Johnsondale Bridge to the bridge in Kernville, this area maybe expanded based upon the number of participants. Fly Fishing equipment and barbless hooks only, Catch and Release, Maximum three flies at one time No flotation devices (No rafts, boats, tubes, bath tubs, etc.) Return with a bag of trash that you picked up from your location (we will supply the bags). All fishing will be done in pairs to verify catch (Please find a participating partner, if you can’t, the tourney committee will do its best to assign a partner.) 10 inch minimum for qualifying fish, round down to the nearest inch.

*Trophy, prizes for biggest trout, most accumulated inches of trout, biggest Pike Minnow, biggest Sucker.
*We will also have a kids division.
*Prizes for best and worst dressed participant. (You have to wear it all day until you return @ check in)
*Prize for most trash collected

DINNER AND FFESTIVITIES ONLY: $10 FFEE, for those who aren’t able to participate in the Tourney, but want to attend the dinner, festivities and to support the SSFFFC. SSFFC membership is not a requirement for this portion of the event. We have many items for the raffle from a Guide Trip from KR Troutfitters to books, hats, flies, discount coupons for Fly Fishing products and MORE! We will also hold a silent auction.

DOWNLOAD RENDEVOUS APPLICATION HERE: http://ssffclub.org/rendezvous/

For questions or more information, please PM or email contact me at haramic@aol.com

Mento Buru Band is booked for the festivities!
http://www.reverbnation.com/mentoburu
RiverRat

Re: Southern Sierra Fly Fishers 2012 Rendevous Sept 22

Postby fly addict » August 7th, 2012, 12:00 pm

First time I have seen this info posted here. :rockon: To bad I won't be able to make it this year. I will be at the SWC flyfishing faire in Mammoth the weekend before.

Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby stanbery » August 7th, 2012, 1:20 pm

Shane

Thanks for posting the info. wish I could make it this year.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby RiverRat » August 20th, 2012, 9:11 am

fly addict wrote:First time I have seen this info posted here. :rockon: To bad I won't be able to make it this year. I will be at the SWC flyfishing faire in Mammoth the weekend before.

Mark

stanbery wrote:Shane

Thanks for posting the info. wish I could make it this year.

Jon

Going to miss you guys! Hopefully moving the Rendevous later in the month brings a better chance of cool weather. But it also bring up conflict with hunting seasons and good fishing elsewhere.

take it easy,

Shane
RiverRat

Return to Fly Fishing Club Information