REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

SSFFC Kids Academy VI May 4th, 2013

Place any information related to fly fishing club activities here.

SSFFC Kids Academy VI May 4th, 2013

Postby RiverRat » March 12th, 2013, 9:47 am

Time to start planning number KA VI :)

We're holding it in Kernville again. Last year was a blast with the kids catching mucho big fish :D

A BIG thank you to everyone who participated in the Poker Night Fundraiser. Another thank you to the generous people who mailed donations. Every month a check shows up in the mail to support the kids.
It would not be possible without everyone's donations! The kids won’t be disappointed.

Limit is 12-15 kids, although we had 17 last year, and they must be between 9-17 years old. They will learn knot tying, basic fly tying, casting, entomology, and conservation. To have your child participate, you need to be a member of the SSFFC. Annual membership is $25 - individual or $35 - family.

If your a not a SSFFC member, sign up on our website http://ssffclub.org/join-the-club/membe ... plication/ or I can email the membership form and waiver. Please mail completed forms to my home address, not the club address. PM RiverRat for address

Conservation will include proper C&R techniques, the history of our State fish the California Golden Trout, and Leave No Trace.

We need at least six volunteers. Last year we had fourteen. The more the better!

Please PM, email, or call for more inf0.

Shane Goslin
Southern Sierra Fly Fishers
sgoslin@planetebay.net
Cell 661-428-5109

Thanks!

Shane
RiverRat

Re: SSFFC Kids Academy VI May 4th, 2013

Postby briansII » March 12th, 2013, 1:41 pm

Hi Shane,

I'm trying to talk my daughter into attending this year. She's a little shy about it, but maybe showing her these pictures will help. :P Hope to see you there.

briansII
briansII

Postby RiverRat » March 12th, 2013, 7:45 pm

briansII wrote:Hi Shane,

I'm trying to talk my daughter into attending this year. She's a little shy about it, but maybe showing her these pictures will help. :P Hope to see you there.

briansII

Awesome! Several girls usually attend and are the easiest to teach.

More pics of last year.
http://www.kernriverflyfishing.com/cgi- ... 1339390943

Shane
RiverRat

Postby Barrie Mann » March 13th, 2013, 6:01 am

Good to see that the SSFF club is teaching youngsters to enjoy our passion for Fly Fishing. Cudos to the club.
Barrie Mann

Postby Wildman » March 13th, 2013, 8:00 am

It's a remarkable program and I plan on being back this year to assist with the conservation and ethics portion of the program. These kids have an incredible learning experience that they will carry with them the rest of their lives.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby briansII » March 13th, 2013, 10:52 am

RiverRat wrote:
briansII wrote:Hi Shane,

briansII

Awesome! Several girls usually attend and are the easiest to teach.

More pics of last year.
http://www.kernriverflyfishing.com/cgi- ... 1339390943

Shane

I should be giving you a call next week...........sooner if it's filling up fast?

I'd like to say my parental skills talked her into it, but I showed her the pictures, and the trout pictures did it. Trout is on her must do list. :P She does not remember catching a trout on a fly when she was 4 Y.O., and I'm not going to reminder her until after that weekend. ;)

BTW, Happy Birthday!

briansII
briansII

Postby RiverRat » March 13th, 2013, 5:41 pm

Brian and his daughter are in!

Eleven confirmed slots. Creeking should be going by that weekend so you can take her creeking on Sunday.

Shane
RiverRat

Return to Fly Fishing Club Information