REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Hi everyone

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

Hi everyone

Postby Chips_0410 » March 1st, 2014, 6:46 pm

Just thought i would introduce myself and say hi to everyone. Was turned on to this site by a fellow board member and a new found friend Sasha. Im very new to fly fishing and have only been a hand full of times but I can say its turned into quite the passion enough to get me to sell my beloved guns to fund this hobby. Ive been very lucky to find somebody with a lot of knowledge on fly fishing to take me under his wing and help me along and has been nice enough to let me tag along on a few trips. Looking forward to learning lots of stuff from the site already been reading and following up on all the great info everyone posts. Thanks guys !
Chips_0410

Re: Hi everyone

Postby Dry Fly Rie » March 1st, 2014, 8:20 pm

Welcome to the fray. Just about everyone here is probably already jealous of where you live. ;) Post up some reports and make us all wish we lived closer.
Dry Fly Rie

Postby WanderingBlues » March 1st, 2014, 8:57 pm

Welcome to FFA, Chips. Glad Sasha brought you in. It's a pretty great community.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Sasha » March 1st, 2014, 10:48 pm

Welcome bud, can't wait to hear about that blueline you are going to scout tomorrow.
Sasha

Postby gabe » March 2nd, 2014, 3:51 am

Welcome aboard...
gabe

Postby midger » March 2nd, 2014, 8:06 am

Welcome! Glad you found the site and hope to read some more great trip reports in the future.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby beachbum » March 2nd, 2014, 10:39 am

Welcome to the board, Chips! Have fun and post lots of fish * :)
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby Fishfreak911 » March 2nd, 2014, 11:02 am

Chips, WELCOME! :bananadance:

This is a great way to further the interest. Lots of great people on here who have helped me in too many ways to count. Looking fwd to the "blue line" scout trip Sasha referred too.

I happen to be "Idaho raised" too. Was born in Cali, but lived my formative years in Nampa. Fished Deer Flat a lot (aka Lake Lowell), Sagehen Reservoir & surrounding waters, the Snake, and some of the irrigation canals. You from Boise?
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Postby Chips_0410 » March 2nd, 2014, 1:48 pm

Thanks guys!! Ya the scouting trip today didnt go to promising going to have to find some diff Access points all I found today was alot of almost stagnant water. Didn't have to much time to check it out so I'll have to take another trip . Oh im from twin falls by the way about 2 hours from boise but I spend alot of time in the Boise area as my wifes family lives In kuna.
Chips_0410

Postby stanbery » March 2nd, 2014, 8:16 pm

Chip
Welcome aboard
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby lucfish » March 2nd, 2014, 8:35 pm

Welcome, you'll enjoy this group. Lot's of good people here.
lucfish

Hi everyone

Postby silverlaker » March 3rd, 2014, 8:26 am

Welcome- glad to have another ID guy around to let us know what we're missing. I fished there once about 15 yrs ago - still can't wait to get back!
Fish always lose by being "got in and dressed." It is best to weigh them while they are in the water. The only really large one I ever caught got away with my leader when I first struck him. He weighed ten pounds. —Charles Dudley Warner
silverlaker

Return to Welcome to FFA!