REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Hi I am new here

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

Hi I am new here

Postby fishon2017 » April 14th, 2018, 8:12 am

Well been fishing most of my life.In August of 2017 my brother in law turned me on to fly tying. Been hooked ever since, took a couple of fly casting classes feel good with it so far still have a lot to learn. Tracy
fishon2017

Re: Hi I am new here

Postby FIGHTONSC » April 14th, 2018, 8:53 am

Welcome aboard!

You've got some great trout fishing just up the hill from Sac...Yuba, Caples Creek, Truckee, Little Truckee, and a ton of blue liners. You've even got shad and salmon fishing almost under your feet.

Best regards,

Jeff
THE TRUTH ALWAYS SOUNDS BETTER!
FIGHTONSC

Postby Papasequoia » April 14th, 2018, 2:53 pm

Welcome aboard and stick with it. The learning curve is a bit steep at first, but short and it won't be long until you can feel comfortable with it. Enjoy!
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby WanderingBlues » April 15th, 2018, 7:46 am

Welcome! You have tons a good water, from trout to stripers, to keep you busy!
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby 1mocast » April 15th, 2018, 1:35 pm

Welcome to Addictsville.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Wildman » April 15th, 2018, 2:52 pm

I started fly fishing in 2003 after retiring from the FD. I floundered for two years without catching a fish but made steady progress by tagging along with more experienced board members and taking casting lessons at the Long Beach Casting Club. You have some local clubs with lots of folks willing to share as well as the members here who were all instrumental in getting me going . Welcome to the forum....look forward to some of your trip reports.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby stanbery » April 15th, 2018, 6:34 pm

Tracy

Welcome aboard.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby fishon2017 » April 21st, 2018, 5:48 am

Thank you all for the reply's sorry for the delay some issues came up.I get to try the Yuba Next month should be fun and then try for some shad. Again thank you for the warm welcome.
Tracy
fishon2017

Postby Fishfreak911 » May 2nd, 2018, 10:43 pm

fishon2017 wrote:Thank you all for the reply's sorry for the delay some issues came up.I get to try the Yuba Next month should be fun and then try for some shad. Again thank you for the warm welcome.
Tracy

Welcome Tracy, I second you looking for a club and linking up with them for some first hand knowledge. If you are looking for a great guide and can swing the cost, look up Jon Baiocchi's Troutfitters. He knows the Yuba like the back of his hand. He's a super nice guy too. In general, guides will help speed up both your success rate and your learning curve by about 10 fold. Good luck!
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Return to Welcome to FFA!