REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

For Members just starting on the site......

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

Re: For Members just starting on the site......

Postby stanbery » November 4th, 2013, 11:21 pm

Welcome aboard.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby Wildman » November 5th, 2013, 8:35 am

ttheharv1t wrote:hi i am the harv new to the site new to fly fishing less then a year hope this site can help me :) and zee strated me fly fishing just before he went home :)

Very cool. That's a story worth retelling. Would love to have you share how you met Zee and got started fishing last year.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby WanderingBlues » November 7th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Welcome to the community!
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby czech flyfisherman » November 21st, 2013, 2:13 am

Hey Chavy.....
this man is great so if you will take him fishing it will be great....he just need show the basic stuff.
thanks all.
Zee.

ttheharv1t wrote:hi i am the harv new to the site new to fly fishing less then a year hope this site can help me :) and zee strated me fly fishing just before he went home :)
czech flyfisherman

Postby oldschoolfishin » December 26th, 2013, 2:32 pm

after growing up with a hunting/fishing father, and mother, bait for the most part, i was turned on to spinner fishing when i moved up to park city, utah in the early 70's. i had a roomie who was a dedicated, and successful fisherman with mepps #2 silver. i lived there for some years before i moved up to ketchum, idaho for a job. while there i picked fly fishing at the age of 21. i have done (almost) no fishing except with flies since i discovered this wonderful past time. i learned to make fly rods, and of course to tie my own flies. my skill level of creating flies, and rods is not great, however it keeps me out of trouble and adds greatly to my enjoyment and experiences on and in the water. i fish warm water, bass, cold water, trout, and ocean when the opportunity is available, usually in my float tube. a few visits to mammoth lakes each year, sporadic trips to fish inshore, or deep, and spring fishing in perris lake during the spring. these have been my fare since returning to so cal in the late 90's. glad to be aboard. take care, and keep your rod tip up.
oldschoolfishin

Postby Wildman » December 26th, 2013, 9:31 pm

Welcome to the site! You're among kindred spirits here. Looking forward to hearing from you and seeing some posts and pictures.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby WanderingBlues » December 27th, 2013, 9:10 am

"Old School" anything is always welcome at FFA. Having it as a screen name is bonus points. Looking forward to seeing some reports.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Transylwader » June 15th, 2015, 7:15 pm

Yawn...bump. A lot of 1post specials.
Rule of thumb, never trust a fisherman, let alone a fly fisherman. Check your beer stash. It runs out quickly when you party nekkid. Don't touch the mantle piece. :doh:
Wrong thread...

Im a saffa unicorn that puts trout scent on my flies..... And I think US rugby makes the Boks look stoopid.

*** Guess who can edit your posts... Muhahahah***
If I could kick the person in the butt who has done me the most harm in my life, I would never be able to sit down.
Transylwader

Postby Transylwader » June 18th, 2015, 10:07 am

Admin...pune
---------
Oh, golly gee everybody, I forgot to mention in my intro that I look forward to introducing myself to you all with a song like this "I'm a little teapot short and stout, here is my handle here is my spout."

***You probably should have made admin plural*** Muahahahahahaha :twisted:
If I could kick the person in the butt who has done me the most harm in my life, I would never be able to sit down.
Transylwader

Previous

Return to Welcome to FFA!