REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Saying hello to everyone at FFA

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

Saying hello to everyone at FFA

Postby The fishing queen » July 17th, 2012, 10:08 am

Hi, I'm Alice. I live in Southern California. I am new here at FFA. Someone invited me to check out this website and I've been lurking through the forums here for a while. I’ve enjoyed a few good reports and admired some great writing. I think this would be a good fishing forum website for me to stay on.

I've been fishing for a long time. I started with a spinning rod, changed to fly fishing and now what I mostly do is Tenkara fly fishing. Fishing and writing reports opened my eyes and my heart and I really enjoy this sport. The scenery of the mountains, lakes, rivers, and creeks feeds me with energy and lightens up my spirit with its natural beauty. It makes me realize that life is simply beautiful!

Now, here I am - a new member to this website. I hope to meet some friendly folks, read some nice reports and share info and stories about fishing with all of you. :P
Life is Simply Beautiful - A Pole, a Line, a Fly . . . .
The fishing queen

Re: Saying hello to everyone at FFA

Postby darrin terry » July 17th, 2012, 10:15 am

Hi! Welcome to the forum Alice!

Another tenkara angler! Cool. There are a few of us here that fish tenkara, mostly in addition to western fly fishing. I am looking forward to your posts and contributions around here. :D
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby 1mocast » July 17th, 2012, 10:26 am

Welcome to the Addicts board!

Hope you enjoy the site and post some trip reports of your adventures if you get a chance....

Like DT mentioned, there are some tenkara diehards here.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby Wildman » July 17th, 2012, 10:53 am

Welcome Alice!

Alice brings a unique style of reporting to our forum. Her posts can be almost lyrical and she can really catch fish. I think you will enjoy her reports and getting to know her. She represents the best in ethics, skill and the ability to share a fishing adventure in her unique way.

Looking forward to hearing from you and sharing some water down the road.

Jim
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby RichardCullip » July 17th, 2012, 11:29 am

Welcome aboard, Alice.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby Artin » July 17th, 2012, 11:43 am

Welcome Alice, enjoy the forum. Fu8nny you should mention Tankera, there was a thread just up about it here. There are some die hards on here. They will chime in soon I think.

Looking foreward to some TR's

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby beachbum » July 17th, 2012, 12:05 pm

Welcome to the group, Alice! Hope you enjoy your visits, and remember to post lots of fish pictures :)
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby flybob » July 17th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Welcome to Addicts Board Alice, I hope you really enjoy your stay, and I look forward to you first trip/fishing post.
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby stanbery » July 17th, 2012, 12:32 pm

Welcome aboard.

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby fflutterffly » July 17th, 2012, 12:57 pm

Queen!!!! HowDeeeeee! Glad you arrived. Lots of fantastic people on this forum and many who are fishing Tenkara.
Your profile doesn't mention what part of SoCal you live in, but if you'd like to try the surf let me know. I usually go to Will Rogers either Tuesday or Wednesday AM.
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby gabe » July 17th, 2012, 3:04 pm

hello and welcome!
gabe

Postby The fishing queen » July 17th, 2012, 9:38 pm

Darrin Terry wrote:Hi! Welcome to the forum Alice!

Another tenkara angler! Cool. There are a few of us here that fish tenkara, mostly in addition to western fly fishing. I am looking forward to your posts and contributions around here. :D

Thank you! It is nice to hear that there are a few Tenkara anglers here. I'm looking forward to reading all of your reports!

1mocast wrote:Welcome to the Addicts board!

Hope you enjoy the site and post some trip reports of your adventures if you get a chance....

Like DT mentioned, there are some tenkara diehards here.

Thanks for the welcome! I'll be posting some reports here as well.

Wildman wrote:Welcome Alice!

Alice brings a unique style of reporting to our forum.  Her posts can be almost lyrical and she can really catch fish.  I think you will enjoy her reports and getting to know her.  She represents the best in ethics, skill and the ability to share a fishing adventure in her unique way.  

Looking forward to hearing from you and sharing some water down the road.

Jim

Thanks Jim for your warm welcome and your introduction! I read some reports on this website and truly enjoyed some good writing and beautiful pictures. I noticed there are a lot of folks here with great knowledge and fishing experience. I hope that I'll learn more fishing techniques and tips from all of you and sharing my reports and adventures with everyone in the future.

RichardCullip wrote:Welcome aboard, Alice.

Thank you Richard!

Artin wrote:Welcome Alice, enjoy the forum. Fu8nny you should mention Tankera, there was a thread just up about it here. There are some die hards on here. They will chime in soon I think.

Looking foreward to some TR's

Artin

Thanks Artin! Looks like a group of good people at this site and I can't wait to get to know everyone.

beachbum wrote:Welcome to the group, Alice! Hope you enjoy your visits, and remember to post lots of fish pictures :)

Thanks for your reply and it's nice to meet you!

flybob wrote:Welcome to Addicts Board Alice, I hope you really enjoy your stay, and I look forward to you first trip/fishing post.

Glad to meet you here and thanks for your welcome!

stanbery wrote:Welcome aboard.

Jon

Thanks Jon!

fflutterffly wrote:Queen!!!! HowDeeeeee! Glad you arrived. Lots of fantastic people on this forum and many who are fishing Tenkara.
Your profile doesn't mention what part of SoCal you live in, but if you'd like to try the surf let me know. I usually go to Will Rogers either Tuesday or Wednesday AM.

Thank you for the welcome and for your generous offer. I'm already overwhelmed by everyone's friendly replies. I live in LA county from late fall through early spring, and late spring through summer in the San Bernardino mountains.

gabe wrote:hello and welcome!

Thank you!
The fishing queen

Postby RSetina » July 18th, 2012, 10:38 am

Let me say welcome Alice, and to a fellow Tenkara fisherwoman. My wife and I fish Tenakra rods too. I read your first report and enjoyed it very much, so stick around and share your trips with us.
Rick

Other Websites
TenkaraUSA
RSetina

Postby The fishing queen » July 18th, 2012, 9:08 pm

It's nice to meet you here and thanks for you kind comment! I just bought a Tenkara Iwana rod for my husband and hope that will get him to start Tenkara fishing too. It's great that you and your wife both love it.
The fishing queen

Postby Fishfreak911 » July 18th, 2012, 11:34 pm

Welcome! You are going to fit Juuuussssst perfectly amongst this group. Have fun and just remember to not do what I did when I was a newb here....Post up small creek names. Bad mojo... :)
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Next

Return to Welcome to FFA!