REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

New member checking in

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

New member checking in

Postby rumson » July 4th, 2013, 9:23 am

Hello,

I'm Rich, a new member here! Just thought I'd check in with some vital statistics. Fly fishing now for I guess 7-8 years, I live in North Orange County, and I generally do most of my fly fishing in the Eastern Sierra region, with the lower Owens and Bishop Creek drainage my main focus. I'll be heading up for a camping trip next week Wednesday night with one of my sons, and doing a half day trip on Crowley. Hope to interact with some friendly and knowledgeable folks on here!
rumson

Re: New member checking in

Postby Wildman » July 4th, 2013, 9:44 am

Welcome, Rich! This is a good place to make those fly fishing connections. Looking forward to your trip reports.

Take the time to check out : http://www.flyfishingaddicts.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=6816 for some tips on things that are important to those who frequent this site.

Looking forward to sharing some water with you down the road.

Jim
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby stanbery » July 5th, 2013, 8:56 am

Rich

Welcome aboard and have a great trip.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby rumson » July 6th, 2013, 7:26 am

Thank you both, gentlemen. That was a good read on the etiquette of the site, and I'll make sure to keep it all in mind during my posts!
rumson

Postby flybob » July 6th, 2013, 7:43 am

Welcome to the fray Rumson!

You will find some of the most knowledgeable and generous folks on this forum, just a great group of people!
Looking forward to your first trip report, WITH PICS, the visual experience it whats motivates some of us to try new things and go places we would never consider.

Hope you have a great trip!
Bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby rumson » July 6th, 2013, 7:47 am

Oh most definitely! Pictures really do help to tell the tale. I generally try to make my posts go in chronological order, with a picture/group of pictures for each small chapter. I'll be heading up for my annual camping trip to the Bishop creek drainage next Wednesday night, so once I'm home I'll get a picture report up!
rumson

Postby WanderingBlues » July 7th, 2013, 5:03 am

Welcome to FFA, Rich! Good luck on the trip and I look forward to seeing how you did.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Return to Welcome to FFA!