REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: 6255 cfs    L. Kern: 5429 cfs    E.W: 872 cfs    U. Owens: 145 cfs    L. Owens: 766 cfs   06/08/17 5:00 PM PST

Ultralight Wader Recommendations Please

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

Ultralight Wader Recommendations Please

Postby Bernard » October 16th, 2017, 10:04 am

Dear fellow members of the board,
I am reminiscing about my times spent in my SIMMS ultralight waders. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated for something similar or the location of a lost stash of this line of waders. I want something I can compress to a very small size and weights little.
Very much appreciated!
Bernard
Bernard

Re: Ultralight Wader Recommendations Please

Postby fshflys » October 17th, 2017, 6:07 am

I have a pair of Patagonia wading pants that are quite small & fit great. I've never had Simms, had Orvis & the Patagonia' fit way better. Example, the Orvis had neoprene booties that would fit a size 10, I wear size 8 & my Patagonia booties fit perfectly. They come up for sale occasionally for $150.
# of fishing days 2014, 12
fshflys

Postby briansII » October 17th, 2017, 9:31 am

I have no experience with these waders, but it sounds like they may be what you're looking for.

http://seattlebackpackersmagazine.com/l ... rs-review/

I've owned 3 pairs of LL Bean waders. Unfortunately I had to use their excellent warranty on all 3 pairs, because of premature leaks. That was several years ago though. I would guess they have since fixed those problems.

I remember the old Simms Ultralight waders. Light, but very durable. If you can find discontinued Simms Blackfoot waders, they were more packable than the Guides. Same for the older Freestones.

briansII
briansII

Postby Bernard » October 17th, 2017, 12:58 pm

Thanks so much so far!
I'll look into these options asap.
Bernard
Bernard

Return to Gear Review