REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Sage 4210

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

Sage 4210

Postby briansII » February 4th, 2014, 3:14 pm

http://www.sageflyfish.com/fly-fishing- ... ater/4200/

I picked up one of these reels when they were first introduced. What drew me to it was the price, and design....in that order. Seemed like a good price point for a large arbor reel with a sealed drag. Later, I bought a second one because it worked well for what I was using it for.

I use them for my striper fishing, and spey rods. The large arbor spool is concave, so it holds a good amount of backing. I'm using 50lb Power Pro to get even more backing on the reel. The reel is smooth, light, and so far, problem free. I switch reels to different rods all the time. I never give the 4210 a second thought, which means it flat works for me. If I had one gripe, it would be that the drag adjustment isn't as linear as some of my upper end reels. The reel goes from close to free spool, to close to lock down in approximately 3/4 of a turn. I prefer a more fine adjustment. To be honest though, once I set the drag, I rarely change it.

briansII
briansII

Return to Gear Review