REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Kennebec Switch pack from LL Bean

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

Kennebec Switch pack from LL Bean

Postby The Steady Foot » February 22nd, 2014, 11:01 am

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/76464?pa ... witch-pack

I have been unhappy with every vest or chest pack I have used. I almost always need a backpack to carry water, food, water filter, gear, etc. so when I saw an ad for this pack I was hopeful.

I got the chance to use it last weekend and I cannot stop raving about it. I absolutely love the switch pack. Follow the link to see pics and a vid. It is big enough to carry everything you would need for a day trip, is super comfortable, doesn't weigh down on your neck like a chest pack, everything is conveniently placed and well thought out. A fly fisher definitely designed this pack.

The sides unzip and unclip, then are clipped and zipped in front like a chest pack. The pack is easy to take off and put on. It has loops on either side of each pouch to hang tools or floatant. The top compartment unzips so you can put a rod tube making hiking with your rod a safe venture. I got the large size but it also comes in a shorter model. An unreserved cheers to LL Bean for this pack. Plus it was shipped for free. $139 delivered

I love this pack and finally feel like I found something that I won't get sick of lugging around.
There's a lake of stew and of whiskey too, you can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe....
The Steady Foot

Re: Kennebec Switch pack from LL Bean

Postby BrownBear » February 22nd, 2014, 11:31 am

Been eyeballing that pack for the last year, but a little reluctant to pull the trigger and potentially add another failed model to the dusty stack in the garage. Your feedback pretty well tears it for me. Thanks!
BrownBear

Postby midger » February 22nd, 2014, 12:55 pm

Looks nice, but seems they would've had the guy in the video at least cast a real fly instead of the huge piece of Fluorescent orange yarn. :roll:
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby BrownBear » February 22nd, 2014, 2:45 pm

midger wrote:... huge piece of Fluorescent orange yarn....

On closer look it's a big Thingamabobber.

My first reaction was similar but different- I immediately thought it was an Alaska salmon fly, but wondered why his leader was so short! ;)
BrownBear

Return to Gear Review