REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Mangrove rod test

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

Mangrove rod test

Postby k9mark » April 12th, 2014, 6:55 pm

I attended the Kiene fly shop expo today in Sacramento. I had the opportunity to test cast several 8t weight rods that im in the market for. Obviously, many of these rods are fast action or more. For guys like me who are not expert casters these rods are very hard to keep in the sweet spot to cast efficiently. I will say out of the rods I casted, the TFO Mangrove was exceptional. A very nice casting rod that I could easily shoot out over sixty feet without much effort without breakiing the bank. I believe I've found my next 8wt.
"...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have Heroes..." .....Best partner I ever had ------------->
k9mark

Re: Mangrove rod test

Postby BrownBear » April 13th, 2014, 8:41 pm

What kind of line did they have on it? I got to toss a 7WT with the Rio Outbound Short, and it shot like a rocket.
BrownBear

Postby k9mark » April 14th, 2014, 12:29 pm

BrownBear wrote:What kind of line did they have on it? I got to toss a 7WT with the Rio Outbound Short, and it shot like a rocket.

I asked but he wasnt sure, he thought it was an Orvis line. Either way, that rod is sweet.
"...and on the eighth day God created Police Officers so Firemen would have Heroes..." .....Best partner I ever had ------------->
k9mark

Postby briansII » April 14th, 2014, 12:44 pm

Good the hear. One cannot have too many choices in affordable fly rods. :)

I was at the Expo too. I watched 3 presentations, and enjoyed all of them. My first time going to the Expo. I thought it was a good event.

briansII
briansII

Return to Gear Review