REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Best Cold Weather Fishing/Hunting Gloves?

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

Re: Best Cold Weather Fishing/Hunting Gloves?

Postby briansII » April 19th, 2016, 2:51 pm

FlyKastr wrote:Hi Jeff,

I’m chiming in after the fact, but have you heard of a company called Kast Gear from Idaho Falls? Their fishing gloves seem to be favorably rated. Reviews praise Kast gloves for warmth without much bulk and the full finger gloves keep hands dry. I don’t own a pair myself, but I’m interested in their Raptor Trigger glove. Unfortunately, they don’t sell them in my area. Like Simms, these gloves are pricey, but perhaps this may be something to consider for your cold weather hunting and fly fishing.

http://kastgear.com/gloves.html

Best Regards,

I had a pair of the Steelhead gloves. While they were very nice, they did not offer any big advantages over other full finger gloves I've tried. Dexterity was on par with what I currently have. I ended up selling them.

briansII
briansII

Postby FlyKastr » April 19th, 2016, 10:15 pm

Thank you for your reply Brian; it’s good to know about the Kast Steelhead gloves. I’ve been looking at various insulated fishing gloves and liked the Kast Raptor Trigger model because only the thumb and pointer are fingerless. I’d like to avoid having to take gloves off to tie knots, remove hooks, etc. during really cold weather.
FlyKastr
FlyKastr

Postby briansII » April 20th, 2016, 11:50 am

FlyKastr wrote:Thank you for your reply Brian; it’s good to know about the Kast Steelhead gloves. I’ve been looking at various insulated fishing gloves and liked the Kast Raptor Trigger model because only the thumb and pointer are fingerless. I’d like to avoid having to take gloves off to tie knots, remove hooks, etc. during really cold weather.

I thought the Kast gloves were high quality, but not exactly what I was hoping for. I was looking for full finger, waterproof gloves, to keep my hands.....and particularly, my fingers comfortable while fishing. I wanted to be able to still have "feel" with them on. They were ok for short sessions, but not great after that. And to be fair, I have not found a glove to fill that need for ME. I'm sure others are fine fishing with the Kast gloves. I see Simms have a few new pairs, but I'm not willing to shell out that kind of coin to test them. The pairs of full finger Simms I have now aren't working well for fishing, but driving the boat they work fine.

briansII
briansII

Previous

Return to Gear Review