REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Marc Petitlean CDC Clips

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

Marc Petitlean CDC Clips

Postby Baughb » January 24th, 2016, 11:31 am

Where have I been?
I tie a lot of cdc and have struggled with the best ways to get clumps, wings, and collars looking like I want them.
I stumbled onto an ancient (2004) video of Marc demo'ing this product and I bought it... like 3:19 minutes later.

Wow is all I can say. It aligns, stacks, clumps and makes cdc fibers SO much easier to work with that I'm actually going to be able to put a dent in my collection of cdc materials. I'm online a lot and I'm just surprised that I missed this. Not really cheap but very worth it.

Highly suggest this for any tyer who use cdc or any wispy feather material. Also it allows you incorporate dubbing and combinations of material into a dubbing brush. Using this, I've tied up a few patterns that are basically feather and fur in one brush, trim to shape and I'm done!

So, the "fly shop" in my trunk will grow...

Bob
"He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman."
Baughb

Re: Marc Petitlean CDC Clips

Postby ashtree1 » January 27th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Thanks for the post, I've seen those videos too. Just recently seen Aaron Jasper on YT tying a pattern using the tool and splitting thread to hackle up I think was a probably going to mispell it a klinkhammer. Thinking of purchasing the kit myself. Are you using to soley for dries? Have a nice one.
ashtree1

Postby Baughb » January 28th, 2016, 8:50 am

I do use it for dry fly patterns mostly as I tie my nymphs really slender these days. I'm sure I'll find a good reason to try it on some underwater patterns.

Bob
"He told us about Christ's disciples being fishermen, and we were left to assume, as my brother and I did, that all first-class fishermen on the Sea of Galilee were fly fishermen and that John, the favorite, was a dry-fly fisherman."
Baughb

Postby FIGHTONSC » January 28th, 2016, 9:06 am

Bob,

What size did you get? I found them reasonably priced at the Caddis Fly Shop and am about to pull the trigger and order them?

Thanks,

Jeff
THE TRUTH ALWAYS SOUNDS BETTER!
FIGHTONSC

Return to Gear Review