REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Retirement Gift:

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

Retirement Gift:

Postby FIGHTONSC » April 30th, 2016, 1:02 pm

A short while back I received a box from Fedex that required my signature. It was from a knife company that I was not familiar with, so I walked inside and opened the package.

Inside the package were two very beautiful and functional handmade hunting knives, a Bowie and a skinning knife. There was also a nice congratulations card from one of my best friends and college classmates stating how happy he was that I was able to retire and move to Idaho. There was also a little note about how he now has a new place to fly fish and hunt, but I won't dwell on that small detail.

I have quite a collection of hunting knives because I have hunted for fifty plus years, but they all pale in comparison to the quality of this pair, so I decided to share them with you.

The Bowie has a micarta handle and the skinner has a stag handle with a 1/10 ounce pure silver coin embedded into it. Both sheathes are hand crafted and custom fit to each knife this gentleman produces. I have no idea of what these cost since they were gifts, but I will provide the contact information if any of you addicts are interested in one or would like to contact the gentleman to order one for a gift. I guarantee any big game hunter would be thrilled to get one of these knives!

WMT RANCH KNIVES
P.O. Box 807
Nuevo, CA 92567

Work: 951-928-9199
Cell: 951-212-2723

tracyranch@roadrunner.com

Best regards from Kansas,

Jeff
THE TRUTH ALWAYS SOUNDS BETTER!
FIGHTONSC

Re: Retirement Gift:

Postby Papasequoia » April 30th, 2016, 1:50 pm

Nice looking knives! It's also good to see that you have a lifetime supply of materials for PT nymphs! :lol:
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby FIGHTONSC » April 30th, 2016, 2:23 pm

Papasequoia wrote: It's also good to see that you have a lifetime supply of materials for PT nymphs! :lol:

I'll send some back with Mike for you! ;)

Regards,

Jeff
FIGHTONSC

Postby briansII » May 2nd, 2016, 9:08 am

Beautiful knives! Do you plan on using them. I'd have a tough time putting something that nice, to work.

briansII
briansII

Postby flybob » May 2nd, 2016, 9:55 am

I have always appreciated a well crafted handmade knife!

Those are a couple of STANDOUTS! And very well presented, I might add.

Congratulations Jeff, and thanks for sharing them......now, about that new fly fishing location?
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby FlyKastr » May 2nd, 2016, 10:53 am

That’s an impressive pair of knives. You must have been floored when you first saw them. It’ll be great to put such superb instruments to good use. Additionally, those knives speak volumes about you and your friendships… congratulations on that Jeff!
FlyKastr
FlyKastr

Postby FIGHTONSC » May 2nd, 2016, 10:58 am

briansII wrote: Do you plan on using them. I'd have a tough time putting something that nice, to work.

briansII

To be honest Brian, I will probably stick with the Buck knife for cutting and my Russell knife for skinning....you're right about putting them to work! I'll probably just fondle them occasionally, like I do my side by sides!

flybob wrote:......now, about that new fly fishing location?

Thanks for the kudos,Bob. Larry and Mike would kill me if I divulged any "Super Top Secret" locations :mrgreen:

Best regards,

Jeff
FIGHTONSC

Postby Papasequoia » May 2nd, 2016, 2:01 pm

FIGHTONSC wrote:To be honest Brian, I will probably stick with the Buck knife for cutting and my Russell knife for skinning....you're right about putting them to work! I'll probably just fondle them occasionally, like I do my side by sides!

For the most part being a moderator on this board requires little effort, mostly zapping spammers and banning them and their IP addresses. Sometimes though, the temptation strikes to do more - for example, the urge right now to use the edit tool to change your wording from "side by sides" to something else is almost irresistible. :twisted: ADMIN :D
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby FIGHTONSC » May 2nd, 2016, 2:07 pm

Sorry Papa,
How about double-barreled shotguns vs side by sides?

I can see where you're going with this though! :)

Regards,

Jeff
FIGHTONSC

Return to Gear Review