REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Big Agnes Customer Support

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

Big Agnes Customer Support

Postby Gary C. » June 6th, 2020, 11:34 am

After 7-8 years of use my Big Agnes sleeping pad became my loaner when I purchased a Neo Air pad which it has been for the last 5yrs. Last summer while my grandson was using the BA Insulated Air Core pad on our trip it developed a slow leak. Several weeks ago I decided to find the leak and patch it. I found out that it was leaking around where the valve is laminated to the pad.
I called BA and told the lady that I wanted to see about getting my pad repaired. I didn't even ask about the warranty. I bought the bag in 2007 and figured that I've got my monies worth. She said no problem and that they would would replace it under their lifetime warranty/repair guaranty. I didn't even have to send it in or pay for the shipping. Just emailed a picture of my pad after cutting off the valve and a new 2020 model showed up at my house a week later. Can't say enough about Big Agnes's customer service.

Gary C.

Re: Big Agnes Customer Support

Postby Bernard » June 6th, 2020, 3:55 pm

Very much appreciated. I have a Big Agnes pad that is also leaking. It has served me well over many years but ... I hate throwing anything out and I HATE trying to find and fix leaks.
Bernard
Bernard

Postby John Harper » June 6th, 2020, 4:25 pm

Wow, that is great customer service!!! Good to know, I was looking at a BA pad a few years ago but went with a Klymit.

John
John Harper

Postby Gary C. » June 6th, 2020, 4:45 pm

Bernard wrote:Very much appreciated. I have a Big Agnes pad that is also leaking. It has served me well over many years but ... I hate throwing anything out and I HATE trying to find and fix leaks.
Bernard

Bernard,
The only thing that she wanted to know was where it was leaking and what model/size my pad was. She did ask me what color it was and when I told her black she commented that I had had my pad a long time. Then she sent me an email with a case # and asked that I write the case number on the pad and send her a before and after picture.

Gary C.

Postby Bernard » June 7th, 2020, 4:27 pm

Noted and thanks!
Bernard

Postby Papasequoia » June 7th, 2020, 8:34 pm

Simms used to have a great warranty - sad to say they don't anymore. Hence I am a current owner of some great Redington waders.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Return to Gear Review