REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Redington CT 863/4

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

Redington CT 863/4

Postby Gila Trout » June 1st, 2013, 12:08 pm

It just received my Redington CT 863/4 rod and must say it is the best $90.00 I have ever spent. I have always been impressed with Redington's rod build quality. The quality and finish on the guides wraps and the quality of the cork is quite good. The rod is a medium full flexing 3 wt. The action reminds me of the old Orvis Superfine rods full flexing, pararbolic with somewhat stiff tip. The rod cast a Rio Classic Trout WF 3 F line from 25 to 50 ft. just wonderfully. The rod weight feels very light in hand and it feels really nice to feel a rod load all the way into the cork during the casting stroke. The rod should be a blast for tubing, fishing bobbers and midge pupa. I am sure small to medium size trout, bass and panfish on all sizes will be allot of fun to catch with this rod. If someone is looking for a ultra light rod and you do not want to spend $600 to $700 for a high end rod, the Redington line is worth taking a look at. The CT series has been discontinued in favor of the Tempt series which are still full flexing medium trout rods. I believe these rods for $170.00 which is still a far cry from a top end Sage or Winston. In the world of Asian import rods Redington is near the top of the heap.

Lanny
Gila Trout

Return to Gear Review