REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Backpack Tent and Sleeping Bag

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

Backpack Tent and Sleeping Bag

Postby Benny » August 7th, 2013, 5:04 pm

My backpack, tent, and sleeping bag weigh a total of 8 lbs 12oz.... :bananadance: it's not ultra light but it's pretty darn good.

Backpack Gregory Z55 is still on the heavy side weighing 4 lbs 3oz. The pack is in great condition, very comfortable, and not very old, it's not going anywhere anytime soon. Maybe I may get something a bit lighter in the future, time will tell.

Big Agnus Fly Creek UL2 Platinum comes in at a wonderful 2 lbs 2oz, with the footprint add 5 oz. I'm super happy with the tent. Will be testing it out for five days this coming week.

Kelty Light Year 3D, 25 degree bag is 2 lbs 7oz.

Anyhow the gear is getting lighter, which my knees will be thankful for.
Benny

Re: Backpack Tent and Sleeping Bag

Postby WildernessLite » January 26th, 2014, 7:49 am

Expensive, yes. But OUTSTANDING tents for ultralight backpacking. I have 2 Big Agnes tents and have used them for several years for backpacking/fly fishing/ wilderness float tubing. They are quality--durable, zippers work well, and keep rain out but ventilate well. Highly recommended as an investment to add to your backpacking gear to go the miles to get to fish that see no one but you
WildernessLite

Return to Gear Review