REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

SSFFC Kids Academy VI Pics.

Place any information related to fly fishing club activities here.

SSFFC Kids Academy VI Pics.

Postby RiverRat » May 7th, 2013, 9:26 am

The students and club members raised the bar! The improved programs and new bug collecting station were a hit. Thank you SSFFC members for making KA possible. It's your "all in" mentality that makes this event work for the kids! Next year, the same location but change to April to avoid runoff and hot weather. The potluck was a feast including rib eyes, beef kabobs, elk chili, dutch oven pizzas, kamchi rice, home made pastas, and Amy's made four big pies, and smores and Uno games around the campfire. The SSFFC is a great group of real people who know how to relax and share their passion about fly fishing with others. Another note, the campground owner complimented the club noting how nice we ALL were :D Thank you to Alex, Grace, Michelle, Tyler, and Jake all previous grads, for helping!

C & R!

Allen & Tre, "Can we fish now ,can we go, can we go?"

RiverRat

Re: SSFFC Kids Academy VI Pics.

Postby briansII » May 7th, 2013, 4:57 pm

It was a great event! I knew I would regret not sticking around for the potluck. :sad:

Thanks for all you did to make this happen.

briansII
briansII

Postby Wildman » May 7th, 2013, 6:08 pm

It was well worth the six hours I spent on a one day turn around up there and back....even drinking one of those 5 hour energy deals (Yuk tasting) to keep from nodding off on the way home. Very attentive and interested kids who asked good questions and really got a leg up on their fly fishing careers. Some were so stoked when they got their rod and reel and rod cases at the end of the day. Those smiles were priceless. Well done on everyone's part.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Barrie Mann » May 8th, 2013, 7:10 am

Way to go SSFFC I'm proud of your tradition to keep this event going. It's so important to bring youngsters into our sport and teach them all the skills they'll need to enjoy a lifetime of fishing. Well done Shane and great pics.
Barrie Mann

Postby midger » May 8th, 2013, 7:39 am

Great seeing a new crop of flyfishers coming down the pike--or guess I should say "stream".
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Return to Fly Fishing Club Information