REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

SSFFC 2013 PHW/CFR Raffle

Place any information related to fly fishing club activities here.

SSFFC 2013 PHW/CFR Raffle

Postby Pete » August 13th, 2013, 1:25 pm

2013 PHW/CFR Raffle

The Southern Sierra Fly Fishers Club is happy to announce the 2013 Raffle to benefit two fantastic charities: Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery. Thanks to your generous donations the 2012 Raffle saw each charity get a check for $1730. This year the plan is to blow that number out of the water.

This raffle package consist of a custom Epic fiberglass rod of the winner’s choice, color coordinated lanyard, custom net, Orvis CFO limited edition reel, Maui Jim sunglasses, fly line, backing, leader and flies. All the winner will need to do is supply the fishing license. Want to buy this package in the store and you are looking at approximately $1800 to $2000.

So how much are tickets? $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00.

When is the drawing? September 29th.

Go to: http://www.renaissanceflyrods.com/1/pos ... affle.html for all the raffle details.
Or
http://ssffclub.org/2013-phwcfr-raffle/
Payment option at the bottom or
Or send a check made out to the SSFFC to:
Southern Sierra Fly Fishers
C/O Pete Emmel
7775 Yesal Ave.
Atascadero, Ca. 93422
Please make a note “Raffle Tickets” on the memo line.

Good luck and thanks for supporting “Project Healing Waters” & “Casting for Recovery”.
Pete

Re: SSFFC 2013 PHW/CFR Raffle

Postby stlhdr » August 13th, 2013, 4:39 pm

So, I followed the link to your site, found the link to the club site, found "how" and clicked the link to try and buy in...but it just took me back to the top of the page over and over on the club site??
stlhdr

Postby RiverRat » August 13th, 2013, 10:04 pm

stlhdr wrote:So, I followed the link to your site, found the link to the club site, found "how" and clicked the link to try and buy in...but it just took me back to the top of the page over and over on the club site??

Tested the links and they worked, thanks for making me more tickets :fart: It's possible you were trying to log on while I was revamping the Paypal buttons.

Try this direct link
http://ssffclub.org/2013-phwcfr-raffle/

Thanks for the donation and good luck!!

shane
RiverRat

Postby stlhdr » August 14th, 2013, 8:32 am

sry to report no change...you pay pal link works like "top of page" for me
stlhdr

Postby RiverRat » August 14th, 2013, 9:15 am

stlhdr wrote:sry to report no change...you pay pal link works like "top of page" for me

Don't know, try a different computer or web browser maybe?

Hopefuly others aren't having the same problem but many have bought tickets already.

shane
RiverRat

Postby briansII » August 14th, 2013, 9:19 am

It worked ok for me. The link took me to the club page, and the payPal buttons are at the bottom of the page. The one thing that was a bit confusing(perpetual state for me) is, there are two blank boxes above the two "Buy Now" buttons. Took me a bit of staring at it to realize you do NOT have to fill in those boxes. :crazy: Just choose the ticket button you want and click the button. If you want more than one, 5 tickets for $20, you change that AFTER you click the button and get to the PayPal page.

When is the raffle drawing?? I can wait to collect my prize! :bananadance:

briansII ;)
briansII

Postby RiverRat » August 14th, 2013, 12:24 pm

briansII wrote:It worked ok for me. The link took me to the club page, and the payPal buttons are at the bottom of the page. The one thing that was a bit confusing(perpetual state for me) is, there are two blank boxes above the two "Buy Now" buttons. Took me a bit of staring at it to realize you do NOT have to fill in those boxes. :crazy: Just choose the ticket button you want and click the button. If you want more than one, 5 tickets for $20, you change that AFTER you click the button and get to the PayPal page.

When is the raffle drawing?? I can wait to collect my prize! :bananadance:

briansII ;)

Cleaned up the buttons. My abilites are barely one step above a website hack...

Brian's in the game. gotta play to win :P

shane
RiverRat

Postby Pete » September 11th, 2013, 5:18 am

Bump: Remember folks this raffle is wrapping up pretty quick. Things have changed on the SSFFC site as far as the PayPal details. Apparently we are gambling and that isn't allowed, so please check out: http://ssffclub.org/2013-phwcfr-fundraiser/

No worries, you can also still play via a check to:

SSFFC
C/O Pete Emmel
7775 Yesal Ave.
Atascadero,
Ca. 93422

As it sits right now, the out of state folks stand a better chance of winning the raffle than the locals. :pot: Would hate to ship the package out of state like last year
Pete

Postby Jimbo Roberts » September 20th, 2013, 6:55 am

These are both good charities and I'm glad the money is going to benefit them.
The links don't work for me, so I sent my check via mail, hoping for the best!
I don't see where sending the prize out of state as such a bad thing.
If I win I promise to feature it in a story fishing somewhere in the Rockies.

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Postby Pete » September 20th, 2013, 12:20 pm

Jimbo,
The out of state comment was mainly to try and get some of the local tight wads to pry open the wallets :pot: . I am happy to send the package anywhere to the lucky winner. Last year it went to Tonawanda NY and he has purchased an amazing amount of tickets again this year :bananadance: .

Thank you for purchasing tickets. Every ticket helps. We are waaaaaaay below last year's total right now.
Pete

Postby Flatsix » September 20th, 2013, 1:35 pm

I'm in for 5.
Flatsix

Postby Jimbo Roberts » September 22nd, 2013, 11:22 pm

No problem Pete, I was really kidding about that out-of-state thing anyway. It doesn't really matter who wins, because it's about donating the money to charity.
Your rods are amazing and I watch your build threads all the time, beautiful work.
My only fiberglass flyrod is an old Fenwick FF756. It reminds me of the first rods I cast back in the 60's even though this is a mid 70's model. I bought it to fish some of the Cypress Tunnel lined streams in the Hill Country for Bass. I like to throw big poppers with it, but it is not that accurate at anything over 35' because of the latent vibration.
I've cast the new Scott F2 fiberglass rods in a 3wt. and they are pretty nice. I haven't even seen any of their 4 or 5wt rods anywhere so I wouldn't know what they are like and I really need something like a 4 or 5wt. for the kind of creek fishing I do.

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Postby RiverRat » September 23rd, 2013, 1:48 pm

Less than a week till the Project Healing Waters and Casting for Recovery Raffle Fundraiser ends!

More info on club website:

http://ssffclub.org/2013-phwcfr-fundraiser/

Great opportunity, ticket sales have been slow this year :comfort:

shane
RiverRat

Postby Pete » September 25th, 2013, 8:13 am

Update: Deadline to buy tickets has been moved to Oct. 4th. This is so we can draw the winning number during the SSFFC Rendezvous on Saturday Oct. 6th. Don't miss out raffle prizes don't come much better than this one.
Pete

Postby briansII » September 25th, 2013, 9:24 am

Not sure you know this, but the fund raising page now requires a login. And of course I forgot my login info! :doh: I'm already in the raffle, but since ticket sales are slow, I was thinking of hedging my bet. ;)

briansII
briansII

Next

Return to Fly Fishing Club Information