REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

M*$#!*

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Re: M*$#!*

Postby darrin terry » September 16th, 2013, 4:18 pm

Jimbo Roberts wrote:If you haven't broken a rod, well then you're not a seasoned flyfisherman.

Jimbo

Does breaking someone else's flyrod count. After hundreds of days on the water I have only broken one rod and it was not mine. Sorry Keith… :doh:
How do you tie the fly to your hooks without killing them with the thread? I keep cutting them in half.
darrin terry

Postby Sasha » September 16th, 2013, 4:54 pm

briansII wrote:
Sasha wrote:* dude that's screwed, well look at it from a positive standpoint. You can go get a new rod while you wait for the old one to get fixed. Who said you weren't going to buy new gear this year ;)

I like the way you think! But I must confess. I was the one who said I wasn't going to by anymore new gear this year.

......you know. I don't think I said anything about used gear??

briansII

Nothing wrong with used gear if it is in good condition. * all of my SPLs and SLTs are used. So whatcha gonna get ;)
Sasha

Postby stanbery » September 16th, 2013, 5:05 pm

briansII wrote:
Sasha wrote:* dude that's screwed, well look at it from a positive standpoint. You can go get a new rod while you wait for the old one to get fixed. Who said you weren't going to buy new gear this year ;)

I like the way you think! But I must confess. I was the one who said I wasn't going to by anymore new gear this year.

......you know. I don't think I said anything about used gear??

briansII

Sorry about the rod and no comment about buiing used from me.
Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Previous

Return to General Fly Fishing