REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Fred Hall Fly Fishing Features

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Fred Hall Fly Fishing Features

Postby Bernard » March 4th, 2014, 9:00 am

To those considering attending this week and weekend's Long Beach show, I have some good news: Fly Fishing is well-represented this year. Check out schedule details and the mix of fly fishing related goodies at: http://bit.ly/FlyFishingFredHall2014.
B
Bernard

Re: Fred Hall Fly Fishing Features

Postby fly addict » March 4th, 2014, 11:23 am

That looks like a great line-up of seminars this year. Fly fishing has a come a long way at the Fred Hall Show over the years. Too bad for me I’m going to have to miss it this year; the lower Owens and the Kern River are calling my name…
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Bernard » March 4th, 2014, 1:50 pm

fly addict wrote:That looks like a great line-up of seminars this year. Fly fishing has a come a long way at the Fred Hall Show over the years. Too bad for me I’m going to have to miss it this year; the lower Owens and the Kern River are calling my name…

Going fishing is a fair excuse ;)
Bernard

Postby Benny » March 4th, 2014, 2:54 pm

I'm tempted to go again. The only thing is these guys get you with both parking and an entrance fee. There is tons of outdoor related stuff to see and buy. Make sure you take plenty of cash. I'm still up in the air on this show, by the way it gets crowded... :oo:
Benny

Postby briansII » March 4th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Good to see they are trying expand the fly fishing section. I hope folks support it so it can grow. Otherwise they might not be back.

If it wasn't so far away, I'd really like to see the Fred Hall Show. Biggest outdoor show in the West. Heard lots of good things about it. A buddy was down there helping set up a booth.

briansII
briansII

Postby meb » March 4th, 2014, 8:07 pm

I think I'm going on Sunday. A friend wants to go to look at other stuff and invited me to go. Decades ago when I was sailing often I would go to check out all the small sailboats. A highlight was meeting a guy named Tristan Jones who sailed all over the world in small open boats and had incredible adventures. He wrote some the most entertaining books I've ever read. I still reread them.

I'll check out the fly fishing booths.

Mark
meb

Postby Devinpreston » March 4th, 2014, 9:12 pm

Im dropping my boat off at johns custom marine in stanton and then I'm headed that way with the family on friday, hoping to get there right when it opens!
Devinpreston

Return to General Fly Fishing