REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Hello everyone

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

Hello everyone

Postby Filmermikey » May 19th, 2014, 8:01 am

Hey FFA, my name is Mikey Hanrahan and i have recently got into fly fishing. I have fished all my life but fly fishing seemed like something new and exciting. I live in Glendora, Ca, so lately i have been going up the Azusa canyon looking for little creeks and such. I am also a cinematographer/photographer, so if anyone needs any videos made, im your guy:) Thanks for reading! Happy fishing!
Filmermikey

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Chris Kuhn » May 19th, 2014, 8:25 am

You picked a bad year to start. :mrgreen:

I hope there was water up there. This is probably going to be a good year to fly fish for blue gill and bass. BTW fishing for blue gill on the right day can be as much fun as fishing for trout during a blizzard hatch.
Denny Crane: Ah. You can see them in there. Look at the crystal clear water. My fly went right by his nose. Eat it you picky *.
Chris Kuhn

Postby Filmermikey » May 19th, 2014, 8:36 am

Chris Kuhn wrote:You picked a bad year to start. :mrgreen:

I hope there was water up there. This is probably going to be a good year to fly fish for blue gill and bass. BTW fishing for blue gill on the right day can be as much fun as fishing for trout during a blizzard hatch.

Ive heard i did pick a bad year, but oh well. and yes there is water but not too much. Good news is that rivers/mountains conservacy, passed a bill that they have to keep the water at a safe level for a decent amount of fish to stay in the water. so hopefully next year it will be popping!!!
Filmermikey

Postby Chris Kuhn » May 19th, 2014, 9:06 am

In either case, don't let it discourage you. Find a nice blue gill pond. My favorite thing to do on a hot summer day is throwing micro poppers to willing blue gill.
Denny Crane: Ah. You can see them in there. Look at the crystal clear water. My fly went right by his nose. Eat it you picky *.
Chris Kuhn

Postby Filmermikey » May 19th, 2014, 9:12 am

Chris Kuhn wrote:In either case, don't let it discourage you. Find a nice blue gill pond. My favorite thing to do on a hot summer day is throwing micro poppers to willing blue gill.

I still would rather just get out even if i dont catch anything, instead of just sitting at home watching tv.
Filmermikey

Postby WanderingBlues » May 19th, 2014, 10:51 am

Welcome to the site! Yeah, it's a tough water year. But, get a few runs up to the Sierras and you'll have a blast. Warning though- fly fishing really is an addiction!
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby Filmermikey » May 19th, 2014, 8:35 pm

WanderingBlues wrote:Welcome to the site! Yeah, it's a tough water year. But, get a few runs up to the Sierras and you'll have a blast. Warning though- fly fishing really is an addiction!

I already love it and i havent even caught anything yet hahaah
Filmermikey

Postby Fishfreak911 » May 27th, 2014, 10:26 pm

Filmermikey wrote: I already love it and i havent even caught anything yet hahaah

Oohhhhh, oh no......He's got it bad, and in record time. Well, welcome to our addiction!
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Return to Welcome to FFA!