REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Beginner Casting Class: Tuesdays Sept 9 – Oct 21 at 7pm

Place any information related to fly fishing club activities here.

Postby fly addict » September 6th, 2014, 4:32 pm

If you’re new to fly casting or need to improve your casting skills, be sure to attend our annual fly casting class led by our group of very experienced FFF Certified Casting Instructors. You’ll learn all the basic casts required to catch fish, including the roll cast, lay down and pickup, false casting, change of direction, basic mends, and possibly even the single haul. We’re moving the class to the fall as preparation for our On The Water Clinic and club outings that start in January. The class is free and open to all. Orientation is 9/9 at 7pm. Link to the Long Beach Casting Club website.
http://www.longbeachcastingclub.org/
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Re: Beginner Casting Class: Tuesdays Sept 9 – Oct 21 at 7pm

Postby Wildman » September 6th, 2014, 5:49 pm

A personal observation. I took this class twice. I learned the first time but I really learned a lot the second year. As those who fish with me know, I am challenged at times when it comes to casting. They have a session in the clubhouse where they demonstrate the casts you will be learning and then it's out to the big pond. There are plenty of folks there to help you and you casting tight loops.It's free....a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and you come away with a sense of accomplishment. I used a five weight and it was just perfect.

Highly recommended.

Jim
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby fflutterffly » September 6th, 2014, 6:29 pm

Jim I always thought you did well!!!
EVERY DAY A VICTORY, EVERY YEAR A TRIUMPH
fflutterffly

Postby rumson » September 6th, 2014, 6:41 pm

Wildman wrote:A personal observation. I took this class twice. I learned the first time but I really learned a lot the second year. As those who fish with me know, I am challenged at times when it comes to casting. They have a session in the clubhouse where they demonstrate the casts you will be learning and then it's out to the big pond. There are plenty of folks there to help you and you casting tight loops.It's free....a friendly, welcoming atmosphere and you come away with a sense of accomplishment. I used a five weight and it was just perfect.

Highly recommended.

Jim

I second this. This where I learned to cast almost 12 years ago now, and I took the class two years in a row. The first time I felt like I learned something new. The second time around I felt confident in my casting. Great bunch of guys, and you can't beat that giant pond out there!
rumson

Return to Fly Fishing Club Information