REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: 6255 cfs    L. Kern: 5429 cfs    E.W: 872 cfs    U. Owens: 145 cfs    L. Owens: 766 cfs   06/08/17 5:00 PM PST

Hi from Colorado

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

Hi from Colorado

Postby Hunt4lyf » October 6th, 2014, 6:51 am

Hey Guys, I've been lurking for a bit so I figured I'd finally say hi. I'm from Yucaipa CA originally but am now living in Colorado but the winds of change are blowing and I may be heading back to Yucaipa next summer with my wife and daughter.

My grandpa taught me to fish as soon as I could walk and nearly 40 years later I'm still at it, for the past 3 years I've fished Tenkara style and I don't ever see myself going back to anything else for trout.

Anyways, look for a TR or two over in the Rocky Mtn forum.
Hunt4lyf
 
Posts: 63
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 9:44 pm
Location: Colorado, used to be Yucaipa

Re: Hi from Colorado

Postby WanderingBlues » October 6th, 2014, 8:07 am

Welcome to FFA! Any Rockies report is always greatly appreciated, too. If you roll back to Yucaipa, we'll have to do a 'welcome home' gathering for you on the good water in your backyard.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
User avatar
WanderingBlues
 
Posts: 4965
Joined: December 2nd, 2009, 10:49 am
Location: Living in a Tin Can

Re: Hi from Colorado

Postby Hunt4lyf » October 6th, 2014, 11:01 am

WanderingBlues wrote:Welcome to FFA! Any Rockies report is always greatly appreciated, too. If you roll back to Yucaipa, we'll have to do a 'welcome home' gathering for you on the good water in your backyard.


Thanks for the welcome WB. That sounds good to me, it's been a few years since I've been fishing of any type out there.
Hunt4lyf
 
Posts: 63
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 9:44 pm
Location: Colorado, used to be Yucaipa

Re: Hi from Colorado

Postby midger » October 6th, 2014, 11:32 am

Welcome to the forum. Hope the winds of change are what you want. I'm pretty sure if I made it to Colorado I wouldn't be trying to get back to California unless that's where my heart and family resided. I split time between California and Idaho, but Idaho has won and once the wife retires............... :bananadance:
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
User avatar
midger
 
Posts: 3311
Joined: August 14th, 2008, 9:47 am
Location: Mountains of SoCal and Idaho

Re: Hi from Colorado

Postby flybob » October 6th, 2014, 11:51 am

Welcome to the forum....and a great bunch of people!

Yes, any post with WATER in it would be greatly appreciated!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
Image
User avatar
flybob
 
Posts: 4232
Joined: July 27th, 2008, 10:26 am
Location: S. Orange County

Re: Hi from Colorado

Postby Hunt4lyf » October 6th, 2014, 3:58 pm

midger wrote:Welcome to the forum. Hope the winds of change are what you want. I'm pretty sure if I made it to Colorado I wouldn't be trying to get back to California unless that's where my heart and family resided. I split time between California and Idaho, but Idaho has won and once the wife retires............... :bananadance:


My folks are gettin older and my daughter is almost 3 and needs to be closer to her grandparents and cousins. If it were up to me I wouldn't even consider it. The things you'll do for your kids.

flybob wrote:Welcome to the forum....and a great bunch of people!

Yes, any post with WATER in it would be greatly appreciated!


Thanks! I'll get some pictures of my rambles over the past few months up soon.
Hunt4lyf
 
Posts: 63
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 9:44 pm
Location: Colorado, used to be Yucaipa

Re: Hi from Colorado

Postby Papasequoia » October 6th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Welcome! Where in CO are you living? I was in Boulder for a few years in the late 70's and still miss it, even though it has grown and changed so much since then.
[44][42][37][52][28][13] Nature always wins. > miles = < people
A wild trout is too precious a resource to be caught only once. Lee Wulff
Image
User avatar
Papasequoia
 
Posts: 4297
Joined: July 5th, 2008, 10:14 pm
Location: East Side of the Sierra Nevada

Re: Hi from Colorado

Postby Hunt4lyf » October 6th, 2014, 5:28 pm

I'm in Colorado Springs, I was just up in Boulder for the Tenkara summit and while it would be awesome to have that kind of fishing so close by the traffic is unbelievable and the disrespectful college kids throwing boulders in the water right above where your fishing got old quick. I know if we move I'm going to miss it, it makes me kinda sick to my stomach to think of moving back to Kali.
Hunt4lyf
 
Posts: 63
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 9:44 pm
Location: Colorado, used to be Yucaipa

Re: Hi from Colorado

Postby midger » October 6th, 2014, 6:03 pm

Hunt4lyf wrote:I'm in Colorado Springs, I was just up in Boulder for the Tenkara summit and while it would be awesome to have that kind of fishing so close by the traffic is unbelievable and the disrespectful college kids throwing in the water right above where your fishing got old quick. I know if we move I'm going to miss it, it makes me kinda sick to my stomach to think of moving back to Kali.


Well if you do come back, there are a bunch of great folks here that can show you the local ropes (actually there's pretty good fishing really near Yucaipa) as well as the Sierras. I'm not saying I'd like to come back, but I understand the whole "family" thing and it's important, so ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
User avatar
midger
 
Posts: 3311
Joined: August 14th, 2008, 9:47 am
Location: Mountains of SoCal and Idaho

Re: Hi from Colorado

Postby Hunt4lyf » October 6th, 2014, 9:07 pm

midger wrote:
Hunt4lyf wrote:I'm in Colorado Springs, I was just up in Boulder for the Tenkara summit and while it would be awesome to have that kind of fishing so close by the traffic is unbelievable and the disrespectful college kids throwing in the water right above where your fishing got old quick. I know if we move I'm going to miss it, it makes me kinda sick to my stomach to think of moving back to Kali.


Well if you do come back, there are a bunch of great folks here that can show you the local ropes (actually there's pretty good fishing really near Yucaipa) as well as the Sierras. I'm not saying I'd like to come back, but I understand the whole "family" thing and it's important, so ya gotta do what ya gotta do!


I'm familiar with the streams out Yucaipa way and the Bishop creek drainage area of the sierras but its been 9 years since I've done any fishing out there so some help with current conditions would be nice. Regardless if we move back or not I want to get into some Goldens within the next year or two, they are few and far between out here in Colorado.
Hunt4lyf
 
Posts: 63
Joined: August 15th, 2014, 9:44 pm
Location: Colorado, used to be Yucaipa


Return to Welcome to FFA!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests