REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

Postby Ceahorse » November 20th, 2014, 4:59 am

Hey guys. Im Chris. Ceahorse or Ceaz if you pleaz. I am fairly new to ffing. Just started this past summer. I live in Taiwan and although there arent any trout we do have fishing year around. Usually i catch wild blue and red belly tilapia as well as sharp bellies. There is a fair amount of large carp and fair size hollandi carp but i have yet to get any. Just want to say hello. Caught this today Image

I am geared way to heavy for this place. I need to get a 2/3 wt.
Ceahorse

Re: Newbie

Postby WanderingBlues » November 20th, 2014, 8:17 am

Welcome aboard. It'll be fascinating to see reports from your part of the world. And, look around and you'll see there's plenty of types of fly fishing going on.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby midger » November 20th, 2014, 8:26 am

Welcome and look forward to your journey into flyfishing. It's always interesting seeing what others are fishing for.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby clee » November 20th, 2014, 8:43 am

Welcome aboard Chris. What part of Taiwan are you in? Are you Taiwanese or an expat living in Taiwan? It's been a few years since I've been back but I promised myself the next time I return I would fly fish the mountain streams or try my luck at some of those tarpon in the rivers of Taipei. Look forward to your future posts. Good luck out there.
clee

Postby Ceahorse » November 20th, 2014, 10:11 am

Im in taoyuan. Zhongli. I just fish the canal as i have two kids and little time to go into the mountains.
Ceahorse

Postby Ceahorse » November 20th, 2014, 10:13 am

Here is a sharpbelly. Big size compared to the usual catch for me. I will eventually get into the tarpon and mountains

Ceahorse

Postby Papasequoia » November 20th, 2014, 12:39 pm

Welcome aboard. Always nice to see stuff from other areas, fish as well as scenery.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby briansII » November 20th, 2014, 4:08 pm

Welcome! Cool looking fish. I'm sure we have cousins to that sharpbelly over here in the States.

briansII
briansII

Return to Welcome to FFA!