REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Light Speed sleep pad

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

Light Speed sleep pad

Postby The Steady Foot » May 28th, 2015, 1:41 pm

I just got two Light Speed sleeping pads from Costco (I saw it the first time at the location in Ontario, CA; bought these in Fontana) for $35 each. Great deal, I will see how they perform this weekend. Definitely a car camping pad, not suitable for backpacking as the weight comes in at over three pounds. But they self inflate to 3.5 inches and even my wife, who is not shy about her disdain for camping, admitted that they feel good. I've been holding out on a good car camping pad until I found a steal and I think/hope it was worth the wait.

So this is as much a heads up as a review because once its gone at Costco, its gone.
There's a lake of stew and of whiskey too, you can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe....
The Steady Foot

Re: Light Speed sleep pad

Postby The Steady Foot » May 31st, 2015, 9:58 pm

Spent one night on the pad and it felt great. Had a splitting headache all night and literally "didn't get sleep 'til the morning came around," but both my nephew and I give it two thumbs up.

One observation: the material near the valves seems a little thin. Rough handling might rip this area. If it's treated carefully I'm hopeful it will hold up.
There's a lake of stew and of whiskey too, you can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe....
The Steady Foot

Re: Light Speed sleep pad

Postby flybob » June 2nd, 2015, 6:05 pm

Bought one of these a year ago....I love it!
I have used it in the back of my Exploder and in conjunction with a Cabela's Cot....great sleep!

If I had the Huevos.....I WOULD take it backpacking!

Definitely another great Costco Deal.
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Return to Gear Review