REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

New Book - Redband Trout Waters

A place to find information on Guides, Events and sales happening at local fly shops.

New Book - Redband Trout Waters

Postby Dancing Redband » June 10th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Fellow fly-fishers, thought I'd let you know about the first book from Dancing Redband Publications.

Titled Redband Trout Waters: A Fly-Fishing Road Trip to Oregon's Crooked, Deschutes & Metolius Rivers, it's got the info you need to come fish central OR for native redband trout. It's loaded with beautiful photographs, color throughout, as well as hatch charts, fly patterns, camping info, fishing access, gear recommendations and some technique.

Book is up for pre-sale, free shipping, and I'm signing all the pre-sale books. I expect to be shipping book around July 4th.

https://squareup.com/market/dancing-redband-publications
Dancing Redband

Re: New Book - Redband Trout Waters

Postby Wildman » June 10th, 2015, 8:53 pm

Welcome. I've heard of the Red Band spoken of reverently. Sounds like a lot of good information on water that sounds more and more inviting as the years pass by.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby flybob » June 12th, 2015, 7:55 am

DEAD LINK........What is up with that?

AHHHHHH......IT's a TRAP....to Capture your IP address! :doh: :fireangry:

Papa, you got any of those Aluminum Hats left?
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby FishFlogger » June 13th, 2015, 4:13 pm

Try this link:

https://squareup.com/market/dancing-red ... blications

found it through a Google search.
FishFlogger

Postby Wildman » June 13th, 2015, 4:40 pm

FishFlogger wrote:Try this link:

https://squareup.com/market/dancing-red ... blications

found it through a Google search.

Thanks, I fixed it on the original.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby FishFlogger » July 10th, 2015, 11:36 am

Bought the book and just got it. I'm very pleased.

It's everything as advertised and I thought well worth the price. Lots of great info on the area and what to use where and what time of year. Basic maps of the areas including campgrounds. Pics of the types of flies to use and suggestions on rigs.

Just got a notice the printer is being changed and expect the quality of the book itself to improve.
FishFlogger

Postby calvillo » September 28th, 2015, 10:10 am

FishFlogger wrote:Bought the book and just got it. I'm very pleased.

It's everything as advertised and I thought well worth the price. Lots of great info on the area and what to use where and what time of year. Basic maps of the areas including campgrounds. Pics of the types of flies to use and suggestions on rigs.

Just got a notice the printer is being changed and expect the quality of the book itself to improve.

Flogger, glad you like the book. Road trips #2 & 3 are in the works as well.

For those who want to take a look at the book it's in Powell's Books, and several OR fly shops are carrying it. One of the shops in Bend has sold 3 dozen books thus far.
calvillo

Postby rumson » September 28th, 2015, 8:02 pm

Just placed my order. I really look forward to the read. With any luck, we'll be moving to Oregon within the next 4-5 years. Wife is ready to be back near her family, and I'm ready for a change in scenery. Doesn't hurt that Oregon is gorgeous, and has some amazing fishing.
rumson

Postby calvillo » September 30th, 2015, 9:52 am

rumson wrote:Just placed my order. I really look forward to the read. With any luck, we'll be moving to Oregon within the next 4-5 years. Wife is ready to be back near her family, and I'm ready for a change in scenery. Doesn't hurt that Oregon is gorgeous, and has some amazing fishing.

Hopefully, you didn't order from Amazon. Book is listed but not available there yet, believe it or not, not my fault.
calvillo

Postby rumson » September 30th, 2015, 8:15 pm

No, ordered it directly from the website listed above.
rumson

Postby Sparky of SoCal » October 1st, 2015, 5:55 am

I am working hard to convince my wife that Oregon is the place we want to retire. I bought the book after some research and found the authors background was in photography. What the * right, not that much money and I might learn something. We had already planned on spending Thanksgiving week zipping around the state so she could get an understanding of the different climate belts. The pictures in the book are really what sold her to give the idea a try.
Sparky of SoCal

Postby Rasputinj » October 12th, 2015, 10:00 pm

FishFlogger wrote:Bought the book and just got it. I'm very pleased.

Thanks for the review, I will have to order the book now and try a few of the trips, I am trying to get up there next summer.
Rasputinj
Rasputinj

Return to Guides, Shop Happenings and Fly Shop Deals