REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Wood River Stealthrider Float Tube

A place to find information on Guides, Events and sales happening at local fly shops.

Wood River Stealthrider Float Tube

Postby gedgemon » July 21st, 2015, 3:18 pm

Hi folks, I've enjoyed looking around here and reading, and particularly like the well-considered "newbie" information on the top page! I've been away from fishing for a few years but recently remembered a float tube I borrowed several years ago, a "Stealthrider" V-boat from Wood River. I was looking to buy one now but it's become clear they're no longer made. I was wondering if anyone on the boards here might have one to sell or know where I can better look. I remember they were made with a very heavy nylon shell, perfect for withstanding all the thorns and stickers and such where I live! Anyway, thanks much and I'd appreciate any leads you might be able to provide. Oh, also, I apologize if this is posted in the wrong place. I couldn't find an obvious "buy/sell" board.
gedgemon

Re: Wood River Stealthrider Float Tube

Postby midger » July 21st, 2015, 3:25 pm

First, welcome to the site.

You are probably going to have a hard time finding a woodriver tube now as they quit making them quite a few years ago. Unless you're hard set on getting that particular brand, I'd look at the FishCat line of tubes.

http://www.outcastboats.com/float-tubes/fish-cat-float-tubes.asp
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby gedgemon » July 29th, 2015, 11:12 pm

Thanks!
gedgemon

Postby briansII » July 30th, 2015, 8:38 am

As Midger said, it's going to be very difficult to find one for sale. They have a cult like following, and any tube that goes up for sale, would be snatched up quickly.

Years ago, I bought one directly from the maker. Nice guy. At that time, availability was spotty. Not long after I received mine, he quit making/selling Wood River tubes. What inventory that was left was gone in a year or two. Finding replacement bladders for them now is problematic, and expensive. No doubt I'll keep mine forever, even though I rarely fish out of a tube these days.

briansII
briansII

Postby BigN69 » October 28th, 2015, 1:28 pm

Hey. New to forum. Seen that someone was looking for a Wood River Stealth V. I have one that that is in like new condition. Was looking on EBay to see what they were selling for, but there are none on EBay. The bladders are in great shape, and I see lightweight replacements are available. I also have some fancy fins but can't remember who made them.
BigN69

Postby Equinox » March 27th, 2016, 9:48 am

Wilderness Lite makes an improved and even lighter version of the Stealthrider.
Here are their website http://www.wildernesslitefloattubes.com/index.html
Equinox

Return to Guides, Shop Happenings and Fly Shop Deals