REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

ScrewOn Indicatiors by Air Lock

A place to discuss the latest and greatest new gear

ScrewOn Indicatiors by Air Lock

Postby jaydubp » October 1st, 2015, 10:28 am

I have used these for past 2 weeks and love them. Been fishing water that requires frequent depth change and these are fastest and best I have ever used. Short video on their website. Only issue is that sometimes I * it on too tightly, so it requires extra effort to loosen it.

http://www.fishairlock.com/

Are available in Kansas at Faded Fly in Nampa or... K & K in Overland Park :)
jaydubp

Re: ScrewOn Indicatiors by Air Lock

Postby FIGHTONSC » October 1st, 2015, 1:54 pm

Thanks for the head's up! Will be heading towards Nampa in the near future.

Regards,

Jeff
THE TRUTH ALWAYS SOUNDS BETTER!
FIGHTONSC

Postby Fishfreak911 » October 2nd, 2015, 8:09 am

You threw me on that one...So its available in Nampa IDAHO, NOT Nampa, Ks.LOL! I grew up in Nampa, but never heard of another. Thanks for sharing these.
G
Greg<><
Creating the finest custom flyfishing nets on the planet is my passion!

http://www.Sierra-Nets.com
Fishfreak911

Postby flybob » October 2nd, 2015, 11:11 am

That looks pretty cool.....I love where he says "It will even work on really small tippet, like 3X!" LOL!

I can only see one little problem, just make sure you have extra "knobs" in your vest....as you will surely drop one in the water while you are changing it up!

I use the Styrofoam ones from "Trout magnet", they have a "Plastic Peg" that secures the line in place....I am always dropping the darn peg when I am changing depths! I try to save the extra pegs as the styrofoam wears out and they get tossed.

I still may have to give these a shot, always willing to try something new.
Thanks!
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby flocktothewall » November 15th, 2015, 5:04 pm

Seems similar to Two Bug Doug's "Undercater"

The threaded insert has a hole to feed the line, it traps the line on an o-ring and keeps it from moving, a 1/4 turn of the thread makes it easy to adjust - PERFECT for indicator fishing on a lake.
"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Mark 1:17
flocktothewall

Postby Jimbo Roberts » November 15th, 2015, 7:06 pm

I've been using them for about 1 year. They work real good. Once they are on it's very easy to change their position on the leader and do not kink the leader like thingamabobbers. The down side is they are the heaviest strike indicator I have used (but I usually fish with 5 or 6wts. when nymph fishing) and when putting them on or taking them off it's very easy to drop the nut, so it's best to do that on dry land. If I am fishing ultralight or very shallow I will use turn-on indicators as they are the lightest, but you tend to break the rubber band after a while.

Jimbo
Jimbo Roberts

Postby fshflys » November 16th, 2015, 6:55 am

I bought one at Yellowstone Anglers last month, it worked great. You have to get used to them, my guide went to adjust it & dropped the * top, found it but then didn't seat it correctly & it kept sliding down. I had to reseat it & it stayed. Yes it is a bit heavier than a thingamabobber but it also comes in the1/2" size unlike the 2 Bug Doug.
# of fishing days 2014, 12
fshflys

Return to Gear Review