REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Rain and Flooding

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Rain and Flooding

Postby BrownBear » October 16th, 2015, 8:24 am

How's everyone faring in the wake of the rain and flooding?
BrownBear

Re: Rain and Flooding

Postby Wildman » October 16th, 2015, 11:33 am

Ended not going to Bishop after all as the heavens opened up on top our little canyon once again. Been cleaning up and preparing for the next one every since. I know we need the rain desperately but it sure makes my life challenging at times.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby BrownBear » October 16th, 2015, 12:05 pm

I can just imagine, between terrain and dry ground.

We got 3 1/2" here in Kodiak in the last 24 hours, but that's within "normal" range and no problems.
BrownBear

Postby WanderingBlues » October 16th, 2015, 4:24 pm

Hard rain for Lake Arrowhead and the most intense lightning storm I've ever seen on the mountain.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby silverlaker » October 18th, 2015, 9:40 pm

Wildman wrote:Ended not going to Bishop after all as the heavens opened up on top our little canyon once again. Been cleaning up and preparing for the next one every since. I know we need the rain desperately but it sure makes my life challenging at times.

Hope all is well Jim. Nearly caught-up with you. Got up there for the first time in 7 or 8 months with my daughter Tuesday /Wednesday. The lightning show coming into Mohave and pass over the 14 was something else. Reading the reports from the grapevine and parts of the 58 sound unbelievable. Glad you guys didn't get that kind of weather further East. Strange, it even rained at my place this AM in central LA.

Tom
Fish always lose by being "got in and dressed." It is best to weigh them while they are in the water. The only really large one I ever caught got away with my leader when I first struck him. He weighed ten pounds. —Charles Dudley Warner
silverlaker

Return to General Fly Fishing