REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Shaver Lake Area

Here's where new(er) members can check in for how to's, tips, etiquette, etc. Feel free to ask questions as 'an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure..'

Shaver Lake Area

Postby peezee88 » July 5th, 2016, 2:15 pm

Hey everyone - its been a while since I've been on here so i hope this finds everyone well. I'm heading up to the Shaver Lake area next month for the first time (first time fishing that area... and first time fishing at all since welcoming our little one 6 months ago). I cant seem to find much info on that area (other than lake fishing). Anyone familiar with the area and have recommendations on streams, creeks, tributaries, etc?

Any insight would be most appreciated. thanks in advance and tight lines as always...
peezee88

Re: Shaver Lake Area

Postby WanderingBlues » July 6th, 2016, 5:59 am

Welcome to the forum. There must be something either feeding into or draining from Shaver. Good luck!
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby atomicfly » July 9th, 2016, 8:47 pm

There's a dinkey little creek around there that most people hit.

eric
fresno, ca.
atomicfly

Postby Wildman » July 9th, 2016, 9:09 pm

Wow....I guess you've been gone for a while. Google Shaver Lake creeks and you'll hit the jackpot
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby wallyC » June 27th, 2017, 5:13 am

I was up on Kaiser Pass Thurs., 4 foot snow drifts, 2 1/2 hours later, 106 in Madera. Everything is running high and fast. The national geo. Shaver Lake map (810), shows you most of the creeks and forestry roads in the area. There's some slow water to be found and beautiful scenery and peace and quite. good luck...........wallyC
wallyC

Return to Welcome to FFA!