REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Ghost town

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Ghost town

Postby eleph » September 5th, 2024, 10:35 pm

Hello My name is Pete.d(eleph) I thought I might add a little on who I am and my past. Born in Boston MA. (Newton Hlds) 1959 April 20 (yup 4/20 ) I have fished all my life and never gave up the fly rod.. I fish every state this side of the Rockies, also TX. OK.AR,LA.Fla. When the family moved to 1000 oaks CA in 73 I was too young to discover the east sierra but when I did find it in 1976 I never turned around.. There is so much up in the sierras no one knows about or knows how to get to and that's O.K with me. It kinda sucks this sight turned in to a ghost town
pete d
eleph

Re: Ghost town

Postby planettrout » September 10th, 2024, 9:33 am

Yep...it's been dead for almost the entire past year. I post a lot on the North American Fly Fishing Forum and I see a lot of guys who were frequent posters here - over there...

FYI, I have been going up to the Eastside since 1950 and spent time up in Bishop with my son and then my oldest daughter and grandson in Bridgeport, back in late June... this is my son and other grandson on the Madison above $3.00 Bridge in late July...they didn't have any fun at all:

PT/TB
Daughter to Father, "How many arms do you have? How many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/
planettrout

Return to General Fly Fishing