REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

CA DFG New Reg's

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

CA DFG New Reg's

Postby Hatch71 » January 8th, 2010, 11:48 am

Guys.... I don't know if you are all aware of this but Ca has a new Reg. Take a look at this link... No more having to have your license visible... Chris
[url]http://www.napavalleyregister.com/articles/2009/12/19/sports/guy_carl/doc4b2b2b11072bb561623412.txt/url]
Hatch71

Re: CA DFG New Reg's

Postby Artin » January 8th, 2010, 12:09 pm

Yea,
It's true! I think it's a good idea, at least now the wardens will be more interactive with fishermen unlike before where they could see the licence and make a judgment call to check a guy out or not.
I think this will make their presence more prevalent to fishermen knowing that at the very least they will have their license checked and with the interaction wardens can sense any wrong doing by fishermen and catch the ones not playing by the rules.

I'm all for it.
they should have never changed that in the first place.

Artin
ethics is something you do when no one is watching
Artin

Postby Benny » January 8th, 2010, 12:13 pm

That's really great news. I could now just keep it in my wallet. I have yet to lose or foget my wallet and I'm knocking on wood that I never do ;)
Benny

Postby WanderingBlues » January 8th, 2010, 12:29 pm

That was something that Steve Mrrz and his wife, April, pushed through. I think United Anglers was backing it as well.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby fly addict » January 8th, 2010, 10:18 pm

Until it is changed on the DFG website I think I will keep my lic. in plane sight. http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/fishing ... gfaqs.html

Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Sasha » January 8th, 2010, 10:25 pm

Sweet!!! That was one of the gheyest laws. I guess I will no longer need that holder thing I kept in case I ever fished out there.
Sasha

Postby gabe » January 8th, 2010, 10:28 pm

this is awesome! though now i really won't know if poachers have license or not. not like they really ever do.
gabe

Postby midger » January 8th, 2010, 10:40 pm

I've become so used to it hanging with all the other hanging "stuff" on my shirt/vest/wading jacket, I'll just continue leaving it there. That way I know I have the license with me.
"Should you cast your fly into a branch overhead or into a bush behind you, or miss a fish striking, or lose him,or slip into a hole up to your armpits-keep your temper; above all things don't swear, for he that swears will catch no fish."
midger

Postby Wildman » January 8th, 2010, 11:45 pm

Just got my new license in the mail and the bottom clearly states, "Must be displayed above your waist while fishing". Guess they didn't know about the new law that begins in 2010 when the printed the 2010 licenses. Like Midger, I will wear mine as I always have. Never understood what the big fuss was about displaying the license.
"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learnt something from yesterday."
John Wayne
Wildman
Site Admin

Postby Hatch71 » January 9th, 2010, 12:35 am

:) wildman I thought the same thing until my license holder sprung a leak on the Colorado over the summer. What ever works... Just like the Government though huh.... Just thought I'd share... Chris
Hatch71

Postby Papasequoia » January 9th, 2010, 1:45 am

Hatch71 wrote:Guys.... I don't know if you are all aware of this but Ca has a new Reg.

You forgot the other new reg; the one that now makes it legal to shoot poachers on sight. Been waiting a long time for that one.
Nature always wins.
> miles = < people
Camp in the mountains, not the left lane!
Papasequoia

Postby briansII » January 9th, 2010, 7:58 am

Papasequoia wrote:
Hatch71 wrote:Guys.... I don't know if you are all aware of this but Ca has a new Reg.

You forgot the other new reg; the one that now makes it legal to shoot poachers on sight. Been waiting a long time for that one.

Cool!! :bananadance: :bananadance: I'm packing heat to the river today. Did the regs say anything about a limit on poachers?

I will have to continue to display my lic....otherwise, I'll forget it. :oops:

briansII
briansII

Postby tree catcher » January 9th, 2010, 8:31 am

I am so used to having the license in its pouch, which is attached to my cheesy fishing vest. It will probably stay there. One item that does bug me is that the fisherman that were on the fence on whether to purchase a license or not will not purchase one. Since it not longer needs to be displayed they can now flaunt there noses even more. In the past they may have purchased a license just in case they might come across a warden. Last time I checked there were not enough game wardens in CA. I was under the impression that displaying the licenses made the DFG wardens job easier. Now they will have to go out to each fisherman and ask to see a license. Won't that take more time? As for me I have never had a problem with my license keeper getting in the way, it was getting rather thick from all the licenses that I have in there.

Sean
tree catcher

Postby fly addict » January 9th, 2010, 9:42 am

Sasha wrote:Sweet!!! That was one of the gheyest laws. I guess I will no longer need that holder thing I kept in case I ever fished out there.

Sasha,
(Gheyest) Is that a real word? :? :)

Mark
Make Fly Fishing Great Again!
fly addict

Postby Sasha » January 9th, 2010, 10:04 am

fly addict wrote:
Sasha wrote:Sweet!!! That was one of the gheyest laws. I guess I will no longer need that holder thing I kept in case I ever fished out there.

Sasha,
(Gheyest) Is that a real word? :? :)

Mark

Well I was trying to be nice (for once) as there are some sensitive types that might be offended it I spelled it correctly ;)

Oh what the *…. It was a * law that I never followed. The reason, I paid my money to fish why the * should I have to pin my license above my waist. It is not like I have to drive with my driver’s license on my hat. Other states seem to do just fine without this law. It is easier on wardens??? Get out of the f’n truck and check.
Sasha

Next

Return to General Fly Fishing