REALTIME FLOWS    U. Kern: n/a cfs    L. Kern: 1341 cfs    E.W: 312 cfs    U. Owens: 108 cfs    L. Owens: 496 cfs   09/02/19 1:15 PM PST

Intro

For topics that don't seem to have a home elsewhere.

Intro

Postby johnnyslowguy » April 12th, 2010, 10:10 am

I guess i never did a proper introduction. My name Is Jeff, a.k.a (johnnyslowguy, JSG, Slowguy) I grew up in Idyllwild CA, and now i live in San marcos and attend CSUSM. I picked up fly fishing about a year and a half ago. I am almost as green as it gets but i do study this forum and have read many books about fly fishing. I tend to prefer getting off the beaten path and looking for new areas to fish. I am horrible about remembering camaras so bear with me if i dont post pics. I appriciate any and all advice given about location, and tips on fishing. Looking forward to future posts.

JSG
johnnyslowguy

Re: Intro

Postby WanderingBlues » April 12th, 2010, 10:33 am

Welcome to the board and I look forward to seeing some posts.
"We're a cross between our parents and hippies in a tent...."
180 Degrees South
WanderingBlues

Postby John Harper » April 12th, 2010, 11:41 am

Welcome to the show.

I live in Carlsbad if you want to get together for some fishing this spring/summer/fall.

John
John Harper

Postby 1mocast » April 12th, 2010, 1:43 pm

Welcome to Addictville.

Depending on what you like fishing for, there are the big salty and many lakes in SD county. Jump in and post any questions you might have.
Dead emoji's due to Photobucket. :(
1mocast

Postby rayfound » April 12th, 2010, 3:25 pm

Howdy, and welcome. Do you have a float tube? SD area has tons of great warmwater options.
Fishing is the most wonderful thing I do in my life, barring some equally delightful unmentionables.

http://www.adiposefin.com
rayfound

Postby beachbum » April 12th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Welcome! 8-)
Set the hook!
beachbum

Postby flybob » April 12th, 2010, 8:24 pm

welcome to the family, you should have a ton of fun here, and plenty of help too!
bob
"The accomplishment of flyfishing is all about the experience of diversity......and the occasional element of surprise."
(rmg/2012)
flybob

Postby #1stunna » April 13th, 2010, 12:04 am

hey Jeff,
Im also a carlsbad res. and go to Miracosta CC. I am definitely down with the fly fishing. :rockon: :D Neways shoot me a PM if u want to fish sometime.
ethan
#1stunna

Postby stanbery » April 13th, 2010, 5:02 am

Jeff and Ethan

Welcome aboard

Jon
2013: Days on the Water so far - 29
2014: Days on the Water so far - 28
stanbery

Postby RichardCullip » April 13th, 2010, 6:50 am

Welcome aboard, JSG.

A long long time ago, I lived in Vista (graduated from Vista High in '69) and attended Palomar Junior College for two years before heading off to San Jose State. I love fishing the San Diego County beaches and, especially, San Diego Bay. I'll be moving back to San Diego County in a couple of years (retirement is looming) and I'm looking forward to exploring the wonderful warm water opportunities in San Diego County. Lots of lakes and pond to explore. In the old days I fished Lake Wolhford quite a bit. I can't wait to check out Calavera Lake (Carslbad) and see if the bass are as hungry now as they were in the early 70's. There's carp in Lake Henshaw, Lake Morena and probably most every lake in SD County. Lots of opportunities unless you are totally focused on fly fishing trout streams and don't consider fly fishing in other waters for other species. If you've got trout on the mind, you are going to have to drive northward a bit.
Life is good. Eternal life is better!

Richard
RichardCullip

Postby Eric » April 13th, 2010, 7:41 am

Welcome to the site Guys :!:
Eric
Eric

Postby johnnyslowguy » April 25th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Glad to see there are other fly guys around north county. I would love the chance to get out and fish in the area. I dont have a tube, ive mostly done streams and rivers. I wouldnt mind learning how to fish a lake, so let me know.

JSG
johnnyslowguy

Postby duckdog » April 26th, 2010, 7:30 am

hello jsg, it's good to see another young man choosing the path of the flyfishing addict.
pay attention in class and get your degree, you will need a good paying job to pay for your addiction. have you started tying your own flies yet ? tying flies will suck up any spare money that may have been floating around. while i'm on the subject of floating around, get a tube and fins,the bass underground is alive and well in s.d county.
i lived in san marcos for 13 years and now live in oceanside.
mike
duckdog

Return to General Fly Fishing